UNS Evolutions mod seem to bring Connections into Storm 4...

 I mean, the title says it all.

I asked such question over Steam Forums but no one ever get back to me to get the answer, so I decided to do my own research. Remember what I said before about how this blog went absent and I talked about Storm Evolution mod? Turns out, I checked out the changelog today over the website I once got in a YouTube video and I'm pretty surprised that they bring the Storm Connections' new characters into Storm 4.


I'm still wondering tho; how did they do that? Not to mention Lars, of which he's originally a TEKKEN character (I saw that in one of STORM MASTER's videos) but... really?

Ngl, some of you might not gonna like Connections for a huge number of reasons (even I complained about how overpriced Connections is, but it's worth it, considering I'm not a huge fan of using Total Conversion mods unless stated otherwise, especially on different games), but I made a review of the game which specifically geared towards this set of new characters without using mods in general. Many new players looking to get a taste of Naruto fighting games never heard of Storm Evolution mod unless it's becoming a widespread attention in social medias (X, for example; they have some kind of campaign running there, perhaps). I myself never tried Storm Evolution mod even though I have Storm 4 in my Steam Library (it's uninstalled now in favor of Storm Connections). And again, I'm fairly uncertain about the current detection of its own launcher today when you submit it to VirusTotal (of which I did back then and Malwarebytes described it as an anomalous machine learning). You have to make your own decision regarding this, TBH, and if you're unsure, you can reach the mod developers out.

Apparently, they have a side project in tandem with their mod, the Road to Connections. It is probably a WIP, free DLC that they attempt to recreate the Storm Connections game environment in Storm 4. Not a surprise, however, that they added Storm Connections characters into Storm 4.

Just because Storm Evolution mod is revolutionary for those who can't afford buying Connections or just want to avoid it and not wanted to enjoy the Boruto filler story, perhaps, I can't ignore the fact that the promise it offered is good enough to attract those who played Storm games in general to buy Storm 4 at very low price and install the Storm Evolution mod for several reasons. However, I already moved on; what's done has done and I never look back to Storm 4 again just because of how I can't utilize Tilt moves, of which in Storm Connections, is swapped with Ninjutsu 2. Also, Storm 4 is telling the story of the near-end of the Great Ninja War and Boruto's story from Boruto: Naruto the Movie or the Otsutsuki Invasion arc in Boruto: Naruto Next Generations (episodes 53 to 66). While Storm Connections makes every battle in Storm 1 to Storm 4 merged into one with dumbed down mechanics, Storm 4's IA system (ignore inputs and the sequence still continues 🤣), and PowerPoint-styled slide shows to portray the story. Although, it's compensated with the exclusive "filler" story from Boruto: Naruto Next Generations that don't exist in the mainline story (currently the Two Blue Vortex manga is ongoing and probably is on hits for Naruto/Boruto fans rn). Honestly to me, Naruto stories (from both Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden) in Storm games seemed to be milked to death by these developers and I didn't see anything new to bring by them apart from the new and unique, well-crafted story. It's no surprise at all, seeing that Naruto fighting games, just like Ace Combat titles, are pretty much a niche game to begin with. I wonder if this game genre is originated from the way Street Fighter game works. My brother used to play it in the past, back when PS1 games are on the full swing.

Also, don't ask about Shinobi Striker game. IMO, it's like Counter-Strike 2 but with ninjas.

If you're curious about what Storm Evolution mod is about, check it out at unsevolution.com. It is driven by dedicated community members that had played and modded Naruto games in the past, has a unique updater application as I said before, and has a Discord server and also a Twitter/X page to keep you updated with the development.


Don't ask about why I don't look back to Storm 4 game. I mean, what's done has done; whatever I spent is for my pleasure and I don't see a problem if anyone spends their money on games that isn't relatively good or having mixed reviews on Steam. In fact, enjoying stories that are unique is what I want, not repeating the same story that has been retold in anime but in different perspective (like the case with Storm 4 where "Boruto's Tale" mode is retelling either BNNG 53 to 66 or Boruto: Naruto the Movie) or milking the same story to death unless you're new to Naruto/Boruto series. I mean, I like how devs retelling the same story over and over, but where's the game adaptation from movies (recently STORM MASTER talked about having THE LAST story not being brought up in Storm games)? Or where's Boruto's story adaptation despite we have Kawaki, Jigen, etc. in Storm Connections? Asking those raises more questions than answers, ngl.

Well, that's all I can share about my experience on recent days of playing Storm Connections game and asking around to people. Until next time. 👋

Comments