Pulling out the UH-60L livery textures to CDDS

While I got myself bored with that generic skin Eagle Dynamics used, I managed to get the GTA V installed, but only essential files and the executable. It wasted a considerable file size, about 90 GB (not including "Mods" folder that is used for OpenIV's ASI thing). The EXE file is grabbed from a crack file provided from Ova Games, which is a sequential patch from the first release crack by 3DM to the 5th one  by RELOADED - a GTA V executable file version 1.0.350.1.

I did an install using the repacked version grabbed from that website, which was provided from my friend in the college, and then put the crack files in there, so OpenIV will recognize the GTA V directory and its EXE file. Then, from there, I can make a full use of the Textures Viewer, just like it was when I firstly have the game with those sequential patches and crack.

I exported the livery textures into a DDS file and packed them up immediately into CDDS using CDDS Studio and did some editing to the skins file of both UH-60 standard and UH-60 with fuel tanks. Now finally, I can include it in the mod release later.

Thanks to SkylineGTRFreak for making these skins. It helps me with new variety of skins, and for realism country assignment related to the skins.

As he explained in the mod he posted at GTA5-Mods, it also includes the UN skin with Israeli marking. This will ultimately replace the only U.S. Army skin that Israel or Turkey used, so if specific marking is known for a country, it will then be assigned to that country.

There are some skins that imitates the one made by Easy-P, so I excluded them to prevent redundancy,  but I have included them if you want to have a low-res version of the skin. You still need to edit both UH-60A.skins and UH-60A_ER.skins files though; I have slipped some inactive materials in double slash as a commentary, at a slot value 0.8 - put them to where the skin mapping is assigned. You'll need this information when the mod is installed - right now, I can't confirm the release date of this TC mod.

Preview Screenshots











Comments