My new computer layout

Have you ever thinking of an LCD/LED television to be used as a computer monitor? Well, some people has, including me, who just got my old CRT TV swapped for LED TV. I happen to say this as I got an LED TV from my sister, which has been swapped for the bigger ones (and also same type).

I've been thinking a long time for what this TV can do besides playing PS2 games. I happen to found a jack on the back of the TV that is used for computer monitor or some kind of integrated peripheral for projector device (and maybe HDMI jack as well). I was wondering, why if I use that TV as a computer monitor?

I have discussed this to my father and he agreed. However, the realization has done on Saturday afternoon (the day before yesterday) and it seems like I have a plenty room for my laptop or a scanning device to be used.

The reason why I did this is because the old computer monitor (which is LCD) has a maximum resolution of 1360 by 768 pixels. I have a thought that the LED TV I used to watch cartoon or Turkish drama might have a resolution that is bigger than the old computer monitor, and I do say in trust "Yes". And holy shit. After the computer started with the LED TV used as a computer monitor, the resolution is now 1920 by 1080 pixels. Mods in FC2 that thought to be "inaccessible" are now accessible just by changing monitor to a bigger one.

The second reason is to conserve the voltage consumption. Two appliances that are active at the same time is a waste of voltage, and money for paying the electricity bills. Indonesia really needs a lot of power source to provide power to the people's electronic appliances, which is why sometimes there has to be a "power shutdown" in some region and provinces. Reducing the number of active appliances in my room is the way to save the world from the global warming.

Though these reasons might come up good, it will introduce new problems. The higher the resolution, the higher the graphic card resources to be used. It's not really a problem, though, if you have a strong VGA card in your PC.

This new computer layout will be used until I have a new PC. And I do say my parents didn't have a problem with this, but my mom said that there will be no TV when the computer is used. Anyway, you can swap for TV channel or computer in a flash with a remote controller, so that it's a kind of hybrid TV function.

So, if you got a computer and an LED TV, while your computer is using the old monitor with smaller resolution, why don't you use the LED TV as a computer monitor instead? It'll save your money from buying another computer monitor, which probably you cannot afford.

This is the before:




And this is the after:



After the layout has changed, I have a plenty room for my laptop to be placed. Before there was no room due to the CRT TV and LED TV in place. Now after swapping the monitor, which is LCD, to an LED TV, now I can have a hybrid function: use computer and at the same time, watch TV. I can say, though, that TV shows are becoming shit right now. I don't blame the operators, though, but I do believe that is for entertainment. New shows were launched and on air as local people speak, but bad news is that no more Naruto shows on TV (yeah I know, they repeated the episodes all over again from 1 to 400 and I doubt IKCA 2016 later will not select this cartoon show as the nominated favorite cartoon - kids will select SpongeBob as the all-time winner for many years to come). One time I watched Rabbids Invasion on TV and they showed from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.

I also decided to stay away from Turkish drama thing and Indian historical show right now; I missed most of my time to watch "Mahabrata" and anything similar to history of Hindu, and they don't show it now. What I do know now is that "Cansu & Hazal" show has been repeated, but showed before the early noon.

Well, so much for the explanation. Stay tuned.

Comments