All done, now go to the ripper parts

Okay, before the morning comes, I decided to finish up the Burke Destroyer and places it in LOMAC as Ticonderoga-class Cruiser, and the result:





The ship's orientation is wrong, and I have to readjust the XYZ coordinates. Basically, the ship model didn't act like a ground vehicle, which is the Z coords facing north. The Z coords is facing west for ships, which is special among the LockOn models (.LOM).

This is the corrected version:





ATM, the turrets and Phalanx CIWS gun is not working in this case. I tried putting on some animations for those unknown "drawargs" in the LUA files, and all I got is this:

I did be able to export it to .3ds and reimport back again, but I have to reset the "drawargs" for them to work.

Now is the time to retexture the model and export back again, but I think it'll gonna take some time. I'll be using the Perry-class stats for this one, as this one almost identical to the Perry frigate, only one thing is that it's only a flight deck.

I'll be doing tests in LOMAC before placing them in FC2, as FC2 share the same files and modeling algorithm as in LOMAC.


Now for the Ninja Ripper ones, I managed to download the latest version from the XentaX forum site, the v1.5.2.7, and ripped some models from AC:AH.

Intruder wrapper caused the game to not run, alias coming up with an hex error code. I decided to use the D3D9 wrapper as my graphic card (ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series) uses the DirectX 9 and 10. I captured 3 scenes: one is the Apache gunship helicopter with Stinger Missile Pods, one is the Hind gunship helicopter with Igla-S Missile Pods, and Gripen's QAAM that's look like Japanese AAM-5.

I'll be putting only the Stinger pods, Igla-S pods, and the AAM-5 when I fired up the 3ds Max 2014. I guess I have to learn some missile characteristics first, as idk how does AAM-5 works when fired. AAM-3 is clear that it'll follow Sidewinder X specs, and AAM-4 will follow the AIM-120B specs.

Okay, time for a break. I'll continue the work after some playing times and web skimming via Google, need to grab some Binomial tables, Poisson tables, and Normal tables, both non-cumulative and cumulative; for Probstat lesson.

Comments