Having myself to care about "CS:GO New Skins"

What I'm saying is that not the unique skins for default weapons; it's "how can the developers provide the source files while we don't have equipments to test?" This is indeed hard for those who wants to mod, for example: AK-47 in CS:GO with AK-47 from GTA IV. In fact, idk where the unique weapons textures are stored.

Hard to believe that Ms. Visio uses the *.vtx extension, but it can be otherwise. Recently I Google-searched it and found out that VTX format is a compiled script in C++ language (VTX wiki link). It is indeed conflicting the Visio if you have it installed.

Based from that wiki I can manage to get some downloads I need, particularly the Studio Compiler and tools for 3ds Max from Cannon Fodder website. ATM I have two 3ds Maxes: 7 (for LOM exporter and Kam Lai's DFF I/O tool) and 2014 (for openFormats importing and importing ripped models with Ninja Ripper). Just downloaded the plugin, but unfortunately for the 2012 version (f***). I might as well revisit the site and download the plugin for 3ds Max 7.

Studio Compiler is said to be able to decompile and compile models from HL2 and CS:S, but it never mention CS:GO. The matter of fact that CS:GO use the MDL files (so with the VTX), I might as well adding it into compatibility list, but it's between wrong or right, because I haven't yet tested it.

I can, at least, get the model I want: the G3SG1 with ACOG sight, soon after I test extracting models like C4 charge in CS:GO (you know, that modern bomb thingy in a big size than in CS 1.6, with switch and code where you frequently play the Dust II map?). Yeah, I'll be needing it for developer equipments since they are scarce for specific game.

Comments