Next Step: Hijacking the code

So the NooseMod project is continued again, thanks to the advice from LtFlash. I've been making adjustments to the script for debugging purposes, but eventually...

Timer. Every time I tried to use the Timer, game hangs. Last time I tried making a timer in SHDN script and printing the text to game, it instead hangs. This timer usage is still ambiguous to me. So I decided to remove it until I can be able to find a good sense of it and when I can be able to use it.

Most of the scripts outside API I saw function correctly when the Game.DisplayText function is called, but somehow, only me that can't, even with the Timer. I'm trying to separate the block of hostage execution from the waiting for player method in a hope that it would be functional. This is my own feature of NooseMod for AI persistence and like in real life and movies.

I've been doing fixes on my own (and will ask for help if need to be). v0.1 progress is not yet complete for its first release, yet I haven't making any videos nor screenshots.


Extra features for NooseMod is currently tested on Enforcer ability to rearm player's weapon. I have implemented many checks inside it until the moment I want to get back in, player refuses (or no response). It does quite laggy in the process because I'm adding wait time, but since it's an API script, Game.WaitInCurrentScript function is used (that is causing laggy). I haven't yet tested changing difficulty in Chief of Police's office room, nor resetting the mission progress, though once I got a game hang when stopping near the Chief of Police's desk.

I'll try to make an update to this script, see if what I want comes to my expectation, and of course, satisfies everyone who still plays LCPDFR.

Comments