Cold Waters - Fully Moddable?

Idk, though, it sounds awkward to me. Maybe you the more advanced GTA Modders like me will understand.

So I found an awesome entry of modding details about this Cold Waters game and it contains step-by-step on how to modify ship physicals, weapons, and even DYOM (Design Your Own Mission). Personally, I tested the North Atlantic 1984 campaign and it was fucking awesome. Being repeatedly win and lost doesn't seem to stop me, except if I had to face on this... Flappy Bird game. You'll never know when you'll break your phone and went on repairs that cost you few or maybe hundreds to thousands of dollars.

To short, I literally hate the people who just lost the game and then broke everything in front of him/her like a psycho (no offense), unless if the guy is a rich man/woman who can afford a new one and start over. To me, I'd like to put the hatred somewhere else, like in... Counter-Strike: Global Offensive... I can use cheats there in SP to f*ck the AI system, like manipulating the gravity to like "sticking on the earth like a strong magnet", or make it like no gravity like in outer space and make it stick on earth and they commited suicide (said that the player took xxx damage, from the earth).

I can do something with this game, with all the resources at hand...

Say, I can be able to create a short campaign and several missions here, from my one of the short stories called "Battle of Galway" that took place in 2002. You can download the PDF of what the story look like at Collection 2: Into the Deepest Part of the World from my second blog site.

For the start, I'm going to manipulate the 1984 campaign to add a new city called Galway in Ireland. The place is very close to the home port, Holy Loch, in England (UK).

Since this is a sea world, let's say that Lemoore de France insurgents had a lot of warships and transport ships instead of fighter aircrafts and tanks, and they started to claim northern seaboard. Hey ho!

I had to say, why I call this short, because task is relatively simple: take out the ships and LDF will start to surrender. Less enemy submarines. But then again, miscommunication led the commanding officers to falsely think about the soldiers gone AWOL. The Strike Mission included will make the soldiers fried in the missile shot, but when the mission has passed, it was a failure, however, because they have fled the missile attack.

Well, there are other crazy things I want to do with this game, but I'd start with a simple one: creating a simple Single Mission. And I told you, from the modding guide, this is a next level DYOM for submarine and sea battle simulation, because it requires simple scripting and how-to that can be learned from there.


Anyway, if you wonder WTF is this Cold Waters game, you can try by downloading and installing it from Ova Games website (click here). It's not too big on your size, though, nor it's too heavy. It requires only 2 GB of your disk's free space and a medium computer specification. This game is similar to San Andreas, only with the simulation and water world genre plus semi-HD models and textures, without action shooter and driving (actually, you are driving and navigating a submarine).
Review can be found here.

However, not all of them is fully moddable; ship models, aircraft models, weapon models, anything other than "StreamingAssets" directory is preset; you cannot add or replace any models here, and what you have is what you can design. As for images, it's also ditto as the models, but you can add custom images on your own. Mine has couple thousands of images and surely it can do something for it, at least.


Next up is... I know some of you San Andreas or V modders know about how the users can design airline or fighter jet skins, but the problem is, where they can get the template? That's where I'm trying to find out. Google Search keyword of "aircraft skin template" however, is not enough, because the search is widening.

For the F-15, however, I know exactly how the templates form for SkylineGTRFreak's F-15C/J mod in V. LockOnFiles and DCS website has one template for it since the base model is made by Gys and Valery. As for the other planes, I'm not so sure. This is where I need to find out.

And so, I'm out. Have a nice day, readers.

Comments