Add-on DLC problems, weapons worked but crashed when assigning other METAs, and Internet of Things training



So let me get this straight. I wanted to add more weapons beside the XM-25, Incendiary Grenades, and Flamethrower that I personally merged it in a Modding DLC Pack V, but I wanted it separately, so I don't need to touch anything other than existing data (I had problems with OpenIV and the pack that sometimes corrupt the file contents). Packfile Limit Adjuster was fine, anyway; no problems since last update. However, crashes started as soon as I assign the DLC folder into the dlclist.xml.

I found out that weapons META (weapons.meta or weaponxxxx.meta) did not crash the game; what I encounter this time, is whenever I assign 5 of the commented files from the picture above. I assign only one of them, it crashed, right out of nowhere without anything to trace except the glitched out custom RDE pack (I spawn a Buzzard and it crashed - probably because of the model, so I removed it alongside additional handling data). I checked the contents with FrontPage or Dreamweaver for syntax errors, nothing found, even after XML reformat and moving the data and weapons files into a fresh new DLC pack.

So I wonder, is adding a weapon has becoming problematic these days, or is this some kind of bug because of the mods I used? Weapons in GTA V are completely customizable and supports add-on weapons, but somehow to get one on the works (for human weapons) you'll need to create new weapon entries in pedpersonality.meta and weaponanimations.meta.

After the first revision of After Hours update (1.0.1493.1), I have to rebuild the mods from the scratch (not to mention recreate the Mods folder, but updating the update.rpf to support latest version of the game), and I only put some of the packs in there.

Now to mention the Firefighter Packs (as the one made by Candice and Veteran Mods), I have to create a new DLC pack destined for it, along with other lore-friendly add-on vehicles there. I created the pack from the scratch with a little bit twist and during game load it displayed "Corrupt Game Data" with ERR_FILE_SYS_1 tag on the pop-up window title. I reordered back to just mapping the vehicles.rpf instead of mapping two RPFs containing vehicles, and BOOM. It crashed right outta nowhere.

I added and removed the line of that pack in dlclist.xml to test if that is causing a problem. After I found that that is the source of the problem, I began checking the METAs using the same method I used previously on checking weapons data and I found no syntax errors. I renamed the title and the folder of the DLC pack, still the same; it kept crashing the game. I never have this kind of unknown game crash because of adding vehicles in a new DLC pack, except if I forgot to replace the gameconfig.xml with the proper one that support add-on vehicles. Oh yeah, replacing gameconfig with another equivalent to that version doesn't work.

I decided to remap it to a fresh new DLC pack with just only vehicles.rpf being replaced and then rebuild/defrag it. Perhaps the pack may have an anomaly or some kind, but then again, this is likely a bug based from the new After Hours update. I have to test the files one-by-one to see if one is faulting. Let's hope it's not all of them.



Last week in 4 days, I have an IOT training and the instructor gave me, my bro, and my bro's friend, a kit that consists of ESP8266, relay switch, resistors, LED lights, and LDR module. We undergone training for 4 days despite my brother and his friend have computer problems (his friend don't) and can't understand MySQL, C and/or Python programming, and how to use XAMPP, Mosquitto, or Arduino IDE.

The ESP8266 microcontroller has an embedded WiFi transmitter/receiver on its board, making it suitable for everything related to IOT, but basics only (though you can go advanced if you know how to do it). From the short history I heard in the training, it was made by Espressif, a company based in China.

During the last day of the training, we come up in making an invention, though it's still very basic.







This is what we made during the time frame. The coding from Arduino IDE was hooked up to connect to a broker that act as a local server. Then, using the computer or an Android application created from MIT AppInventor2, we connect to a broker that is currently broadcasting and then control it as long as we are in range of the WiFi signal.

The IDE needed a few setups before the ESP8266 can be "flashed", such as setting up website for downloading ESP8266 module, download the ESP8266 board programming/interpreter, and few libraries in mind.

It deemed success, despite the short time frame and less time in thinking something possible to build. For my conclusion in this training, I have one sentence: "technology is improved over time and sooner or later everything will be connected to the Internet."


I'm not good in electronics, but since I firstly know Raspberry Pi from one major, and an ATMega microcontroller from one major (it programmed using BASCOM-AVR and using AvrProg programmer/interpreter application), programming ESP8266 with Arduino IDE will not be so different; you just need to know the GPIO pins and a basic C language programming (tutorial from websites and Arduino IDE help should help) and you're all set.

As for Arduino itself (like Arduino Uno), that's another story to tell, but at least it's the same.

God, I miss the time when I was in a lesson where I program a microcontroller to do sorts of things. The data was on the previous laptop and I can't be able to get it except if I take it again. And when I knew something like this has come, this is where I used some of the skills I learned in the college, database included.

But still, informatics (programmer) for me are the side jobs. What I'm interested of is the gaming life, or at least, a story teller/writer (if my parents forced me to be a programmer). I want to be one of the successful E-Sport athletes out there (there's one in my homeland, a woman, shown up on TV on one ad and a show on GTV called "Generasi Zeru" every Sunday morning), because I like to play fair in a competitive online game, and computer gaming is my life.


I'm gonna leave that IOT thingies to someone more talented than I do. I'm in for a test and a play - got a certificate also for my terms of graduation.

Maybe I'm gonna share some of the Arduino skills I learned to you readers, but no promises though.

Comments