My PC, GPU broke, warranty isn't void, cause? Ace Combat 7

Quite sad for me that this whole week I spent my time gaming or doing stuff on my laptop. After the UPS broke, I have nothing to keep the power stable and supplying emergency power for my PC. And the both the bad news and the good news just coming in right on my ears.

I mostly spent my time checking VAC Discussions about the trash talk from the guys whose their accounts got VAC-banned and checked their accounts for the games they own. At some point, these guys own some cool games I've never tried before in Steam. Another, they either don't display it or privatize their profile.

I made a discussion on the hub about Ace Combat 7 recently. It's a really goddamn typo I did there. I typed my PC's processor i5-6400U instead of i5-6400. Holy cluster f*ck, that affect the discussion in whole. At first, they didn't believe that my PC is actually a desktop computer, but as soon as I dig up my old posts on some threads, I found that the one I post might seem fit since I'm in a really short time to even access this blog (dunno why I became more rare to post things here, since I'm a bit busy to upload some new YouTube videos about my Ace Combat 7 walkthrough using F-16; just got halted since my PC became unbootable). This is the bad news I get last weekend (I recall between June 8 and 9). No boot sound that makes me wonder, did I "fry" my CPU because of 100% usage when playing this new game I bought on my birthday? And my dad also come checking too. Damn, he's greatly concerned about my PC since I used it for multitasking; got a new printer and maybe I can use it for my Final Project.

I take the suggestions kindly by people who contributed. They even suggested me to limit FPS cap and changing thermal paste of the computing processors, both CPU and GPU. I even have to ask people which GPU type should I be taking after get in touch with the guys at the "computer service", or maybe I should pronounce it as "repair service".

It's almost been a week after my PC has gone repairs. The day before yesterday, I called via Whatsapp that computer service's phone number after I found out I ran out of "pulse" to send some SMS messages. Dad, who's a "subscriber" to that place, talked about things to negotiate pricing and which "cheap" GPU card that should fit for my PC that I can describe nowadays as "a low-budget medium-high gaming PC". You can see my PC specifications at a specific blog page here. I'm gonna update it when I have time and after it has come out of repairs.

I asked the reason to the technician that was on the line what's up with that broken GPU. The guy said that the GPU somehow "failed to detect" that caused the computer "halted its boot". It's a reason why my PC doesn't beep once for going into the boot sequence and enter Windows. The technician said one of the two reasons for this failure: unstable power surge or something in a way that affects the operation of the GPU, which caused the "detection failure". I dunno. Even though I know computer parts, I'm not a computer nerd (or whatever that is). I still got a lot to learn in this quite young age.

I recall about sudden shutdown and start up like nothing happened for Modern Warfare Remastered game, but for this instance in Ace Combat 7, right in the middle of the game, it shutdowned but started up without going in to the boot sequence. It's like a dead computer, but its fans kept running when it's on. Know what I'm sayin'?


Now here's the good news. Dunno what happened, but the GPU that broke has a warranty. Can you believe that? Holy sh*t; if that's true, I wouldn't have to spend 2 millions of Rupiahs to buy a new GPU that is still one class with the RX 470 one. Technician said it's "ASROCK RX570", a much more improved than RX 470 that comes with slighter expensive or (maybe) equal price with RX 470 2 years ago.

I wonder that, how come my PC's GPU that was bought 2 years ago still has a warranty this year? Is it because of the 3-year or 5-year warranty if the GPU is damaged. I haven't had a time to check its box to say that they became a pile of trash; perhaps inside there were papers for warranty validity, which I might need it. I still have the invoice to say that my PC is now two years old.

This week, I'm waiting for the technician to know that the replacement is ready and planted on the PC. I hope that it will come out from repairs next week, but let's see... next week I will be attending the English course every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, for my bro's replacement that he's having a work training in Jakarta. You know what, I have less time to get close to God, but I'm still a good person. I'm gonna have to pray sooner or later, wishing that I can fill my courage for Final Project and remove my laziness for it.

You can check out my thread here.


If any of you likes to read my blog, check out my YouTube channel. I upload videos there and for this "season" I upload my "walkthrough gameplay" of Ace Combat 7 using only F-16 in Campaign mode. I will continue uploads when my PC has come out of repairs. Man, I guess I owe AceMarshal an invitation for multiplayer game then...

Comments