I think I'm getting a hang of this

So, the practice I did on my own was not a waste.

I managed to learn how mesh painting works and how does it affect human bones. In ZModeler 3. Lucky for me, I managed to master something that not even an expert can explain about.

People just convert ped from another game, refit the meshes, copy the mesh weight from original ped, and test it out. Zagor.TV tutorial video is one of the examples.

What about a ped that is out of proportional size, like the one made by avenxares213 (Dante ped mod), some other child-sized ped (maybe from Gunslinger anime?), or this, the project of Boruto ped mod I'm creating? This requires more than just mesh refitting, because if a child-sized ped made 1:1 scale with original GTA V ped (example: ig_bankman), that would be awkward when put into the game.

I've seen some of Boruto ped mods (skin mods) in San Andreas, especially the one that's exclusive on GTAInd, are out of proportional size. The modeler (dude who model the ped) made 1:1 scale with a San Andreas ped, which results in a big-ass-sized ped that I might think of it as, "holy shit, is this boy drank some kind of body enlarger supplement?"

It's a reason, though, why, in a special occasion, I learned from yuniwii and dudes who created historical ped mods like the one from The Penguins of Madagascar by just looking at its size. They seem to be appropriate concerning the actual encyclopedic data of those ped models before being converted/rigged into the game. I did explained about comparison between Boruto's height and average height for the males aged 20+ in the US in this post, and that looks perfectly sense.

I mean, what could possibly go wrong? It's not the fact that I hate peds that are child-sized or teen-sized are scaled 1:1 with the ped reference, but having them in game with inappropriate size seems... awkward to me. I bet you will agree with me, for those who enjoy installing ped (skin) mods into GTA series of games (GTA San Andreas, GTA IV, GTA V), and superhero models aren't an exception (I like them, but I don't want to install them - maybe one day).


SKEL_Pelvis

SKEL_R_Thigh

SKEL_R_Calf

SKEL_R_Foot

Look closely on how those meshes painted. The painting is divided into 4 sections based on the selected bone in ZM3. SKEL_Pelvis is firstly painted from half lower part of the body (pelvis) to the bottom (foot). Then carefully equaling with both sides, SKEL_x_Thigh is painted. It then repeated until SKEL_x_Foot. And as soon as you select back to SKEL_Pelvis, some of the painted meshes from the upper legs to foot are gone. Looks like this new style of mesh painting seems... not bad, though.

From that lesson I've been jerking around, weight painting requires care and patience. It is noted that, when you paint the mesh on a previously selected bone, weight information on the next connecting bone will be lost, so be careful.

Man, I should be making a (video) tutorial about this, considering that... this kind of thing is pretty new, but I guess I can learn something from it, especially when what I wanted does not exist and I'm the only one who can do this sh*t not just for me, but for those who are Naruto/Boruto fanatic. So far only 2 Naruto ped mods are released on GTA5-Mods while some others are released by Darwin VS on Patreon, which requires post unlocking by signing in and pay with PayPal. It's like JulioNIB made his script mods exclusive to Patreon users paying for his scripting continuation.


I think I'm getting a hang of this. I might be expecting the first alpha test of this Boruto ped mod and when it's ready, I'll call it a day. But now... let's just wait next week until I can safely top up my VCC to make a ZM3 purchase via PayPal. God, I hope this is okay.

Comments