Weapon add-ons (which one?) crashed the game

I'm thinking which one that caused the problem with the game crashing during objects loading (around 0 to 15%) in Battlefield 2 I just mod on the original game. The crash is without explanation in Windows 10, but it always left a log concerning what happened in Event Viewer.

The crash itself is unusual. Rather than pointing to RendDX9.dll (which typically caused by missing mesh file, usually in *.bundledmesh extension), it's pointing to the main executable itself, with the error/exception code similar to what happened when a mesh file is missing, 0x80000003.

The exception code 0x80000003 is usually found on a corrupted file when an executable is loading it, the library (which is corrupted) the executable is using, or the executable itself is corrupted. Typically your common sh*t days when your PC got so many virus or malware/ransomware that you have to nuke it (reinstall your OS) because the system files are infected. I encountered that long time ago, where the viruses were already in the system and cannot be removed by typical free antiviruses, even Windows Defender.

I had to trace back on installations - nuked my addons ZIP files and installed only basic packages (addons) that still works. Now, with that set up, testing, see if I can find which one that is corrupted on Objects reading.

Some mods here could be the one that's the culprit:

  1. Medic Bag and Ammo Bag from BF3/BF4
  2. QBU-88 from BF4
  3. M39 EMR from BF4
  4. Defib unit
  5. SCAR-H with M26 underbarrel shotgun from BF4
  6. GOL Magnum Sniper Rifle (MSR) from BF4
  7. Repair Tool that looks like a blowtorch
  8. M870 shotgun as seen on BFHD
  9. RORSCH X1
Perhaps I'm pointing out to this one, because this is only the first culprit that widely affect the objects loading. Other add-ons may be another source of this cause, but I have no idea; the fact that GOL MSR perhaps contain some visual effect files that completely modified to be tailored with the add-on, so it will get desired results as the author expected to people. The add-on itself is also a reupload from someone else.

The author has added some missing files into the download, but it still crashed on me. Reason? No idea. Before the game can request some textures, the model itself has shown its anomaly, therefore crashing the game with the exception code 0x80000003.

Anyway, this is just one mod I tested to see if it really loads in game. Last time, I encountered another issue with the RPG-7 add-on converted from Battlefield: Bad Company 2 that its model geometry crashes the game. I've already made adjustments with *.tweak file, but it still crashes on any platform, even on a standard (unmodified) BF2 game. I decided to not install that since then.


I seem to find quite a lot of problem when assigning/adding/modding weapons and other stuffs in Battlefield 2, but then again, it's just like another day where you'll be installing GTA mods with the help of archiving software like 7-Zip or built in ZIP compressor for Windows, and a text editing software like Windows Notepad and Notepad++. Mistakes can happen, and you'll find model corruptions or missing textures that can crash the game without any warning (if using Windows 10 with Error Reporting disabled in Services). There are some weapons that require manual editing, which if you don't make a change of it, it can crash the game, no matter what you do. It can always be something like "the directory to the texture map is valid, but no file exists".

And something to do with Steam raised me a curiosity; if Battlefield 2 game hub exists, why there's no Store Page? Does it have to link with the CD key purchase, so that you can access the Game Hub?

Well, I'd rather enjoy what has to offer in this age of modernization. Idk what else I want to buy in this age, but one thing for sure, my birthday gift will always be Naruto or Boruto action figures. This year's birthday is Ace Combat 7, which was the game I really wanted since its launch on February 1st.

And don't get me started with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Idk if my current PC can handle that game.

Comments