Mesh hacking in NS:UNS4 (out of curiosity)

Thumbnail can be sometimes misleading (C L I C K B A I T), but this one is really want to feed my goddamn curiosity, since I tried using Tormunds' tool to add new cosmetic object but turned out to be useless in many epic ways (well, not really).



I've seen this one on Steam, and people are asking if such model is available. Not gonna lie, how does people make that splendid cosmetics on Boruto to be that "intimidating"? I personally don't read manga (and I wanted to buy books), but I understand how it goes. Myself doing major cosmetics (adding fictional weapons or so) isn't gonna work, no matter how many times I tried (but you can still force it using /importobj command with same weight vertices set - I've discovered this on November 2020, considering if that clickbait video is something that even modelers can do).

Out of curiosity, this video I showcased from someone else is pretty much standard, but at the end, you'll see what I'm talkin' about.

I've been thinking about it for the last few days right now; whatever the case, mesh modeling isn't as standard as you think it would be. It's a whole different level than modeling car or ped in ZModeler 3. I may gonna need some more info about the tool; but one thing for sure, the tool for mesh hacking only accept model sizes to be similar, or lower, than its actual filesize. That means, polygons and/or vertices can be modified or removed, but not at beyond adding more than its predefined sets.


Long story short, I tried editing Boruto's body mesh to put in a CS:GO MAC-10 model, but turns out that Tormunds' tool can't import it. Still remembered that for quite a long time, but I do believe it's gotta be something with keeping the game to be as stable as it can get without causing FPS drops.


Lone/No Support Character Slot




Head over to 18:30 if you want to know what I'm talkin' about here.

Some mods have put in some kind of "no support slot" to be used in team matches. Most of the mods (I call it TC/Total Conversion packs) you see on YouTube are pretty much obsolete with new update and DLC came out few months ago. And for some reason, I wanted to add it without having major changes of the game itself, for better, or worse.

See, this is the kind of feature I wanted to try on, but sadly, it's already in a bundle with TC packs. I want to add that kind of feature without having to install TC pack and face game crashes because of incompatible game version. A PS2 game I remembered about (maybe... Ultimate Ninja 5?) has a mission (master battle) where you play as a lone soldier, or better yet, the opponent is a lone soldier (which means no support on one side). It's like either you or the other side is handicapped.

I might gonna look more further at this point, but let me say this; until I found one or figured out how to enable this option, the option to play as a lone fighter in team matches was opted out since the release of this game one year after GTA V. UNS4 seems to be a good game IMO; I have good times on it with also RtB characters in there as a DLC; but it's pretty disappointing that, when I wanted an x or y feature, it's only achievable via mods. And this one I'm talking about is bundled within TC packs that implement such feature. The only way to get that is to dig in with the files, but I'm not sure which one for that matter.

Also, some TC packs that offered on YouTube also has an option to choose same characters (who you selected isn't grayed out). Mod author named it as "Support Unlocker". Here's the latest showcase video (the old one is obsolete and has been updated to support latest game version).



And, here's my general advice on mods for legit copy owners like me on Steam. New update borked the mods, so it's best bet to not use it until mod developers updated it to support latest game version.




It's not a rant, to say the least. It's my general expectation to see that UNS4 supports modding, in a very different level than Cold Waters and GTA V. But I'll be honest, all of these are out of my curiosity and I wonder how can I get it without even installing a TC pack.

Comments