FIM-92 Stinger Missile Launcher mod for Battlefield 2?

Whilst in the mid of work, I always asked about one particular question of this guy's mod on ModDB (which said that it's from people but not credited accordingly): where the hell does he get the weapons other than ModDB?

Inside the archive, I found a fancy weapon: FIM-92A Stinger missile launcher - definitely handheld and from Battlefield 4. Guy who made that is the one I found on most of his BF3/BF4 weapons release, Develop013. This is, from what I know, different than that CHPower/Lion's Roar/Real Wars mod, which the mesh model is using the classic BF2 and all that.


It's like I'm searching all over the world for a simple yet handy tutorial of skin modding in Ace Combat 7, which I finally found it just by trying keywords.



The others are even fancier. AK-74 Custom (which is called AK747), HK416... two of them are made by the same guy, Develop013. Then there's this M82A1 that made by a guy named kyron (I'm sure it's found on Crossfire map mod or smth). The M32 MGL is like a hot sauce - Ik there's a mod like this exist, but Idk if there's another one with author names in *.tweak file is using the default, so I have zero idea who's the guy that made this (I might gonna find the RG6 grenade launcher by any chance).

Beyond this that I mentioned, they're easy to catch and be found on ModDB (don't ask about Nexus Mods; some reasons tell me that it lists only 10 mods, like, WTF?). However, if I try to look up that Stinger missile launcher on Google, there's this modpack called Point of Existence: 2, which has that kind of "yeah, baby!" shoulder-launched SAM launcher, not just from static positions like stationary Stingers and IGLAs. Know what I'm sayin'?



Unfortunately, what I want is add-on, not bundles that I should pull out manually. I had this experience with pulling out some weapon mods from CHPower and Lions Roar, and turns out I had to pull another since it missed some files when testing. That's a real pain in the ass for solely modding BF2 only to transfer one weapon from one game "module" to another, or even use them in vanilla BF2.

It's good to see that Develop013 has made my day so convenient by releasing BF3/BF4 weapons pack in bundles @ ModDB, but for some weapons that I can't find? This is a real confusion. The last resort of checking whether those are available, if not Google (which, like... this can take the eternity to scour through thousands with nothing relevant to what I wanted for), then YouTube, just like how I found UNS4 mods, for example, the Perfect Storm mod.

I may get back to it soon to hook up more of this, but I'll leave this fancy PoE:2 mod link here. Who knows if you are interested to try it? It's old, but I haven't get a taste of this mod, yet.


Point of Existence: 2

Update: Turns out, Develop013 has his own YouTube page. Like, wait, what?



Consider myself lucky then, because YouTube is also a paradise of not just videos of all sh*ts you want, but also mod downloads equivalent to NS:UNS4. I mean, I gotta be honest; not all mods are available on ModDB, Gamebanana, Nexus, and other places that hosts mod files. Looks to me that I gotta go upgrade that addons weapon set, but one thing is missing: SA-7 Igla missile launcher; but that's another story.

Well, I gotta tell ya. If you can't find the weapon you look for, look around for author's name and see if he/she has more mods that made. Also, you can't just look for one place. I mean, rly, there are lots of places than meets the eye on the Internet. Go figure.

Comments

  1. Banking and wine are probably two of the oldest businesses on the planet. In this episode, we cover both. Our guest Kirk Drake is a leader, author and serial entrepreneur focused on credit-union technology. We talked about how to help credit unions compete in the digital age, enhance their creativity, and forge better connections with their members. https://cxdojo.com/product-drama-podcast-11-credit-unions-in-the-digital-age

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment