Thinking about loosen up some loads on BF2 mods

 

So, I have this idea just in a midst of working for my essay and browsing some BF2 mods for a while. This looks like a heap of junk if most mods I see in my directory list is not in use for whatever reasons.


This heap of junk includes mods that Idk if there's any use of it, or if I can use those resources (I'm not a real expert in BF2 modding, like transferring one object to another without causing a game crash). Most of the time I spent changes on addons folder, of which I managed mostly weapon mods - that alone is huge in size. This heap of junk is mostly grew large in size because of map mods. Kinda a bit surprised that this looks like GTA San Andreas by any chance, but yeah...

BF:HDR (HDR 2.0 - Vanilla Sky) is probably suited for the powerful PC rig that I'm using. Lappy and BF:HDR doesn't go well (except if my lappy is Alienware or smth). Heat of Battle (HoB) is compatible with it; Idk about Forgotten Hope 2, but who knows if it can go well with BF:HDR? I was wrong to set up the installation after I found the install pack containing all DLCs from this post, which the only thing I want is the xpack (Special Forces Expansion Pack). Took me a year to figure out and test something like functionality of BF2Editor and using the Raw EXE to print out logs and errors before the usual Windows Error Reporting sh*t.


Unfortunately, problem (actually, not a big deal, but still to get there). Some mods came with installer, which ironically stores uninstall data file into the system. Total War Realism and Nights, as seen on the screenshot above, has uninstaller data (TWR, for some reason, has 5). The others are not a big deal, though. I don't see FH2 Uninstaller by any chance.

So, I might gonna do a restart on installation (reinstall the game); start anew. Put in XPack, personal add-ons, HoB, reinstall FH2, BF2 Editor, put in the RUSH as well (haven't yet tested this outside the latest version of HoB, but maybe when I have a little free time), dat Firebird (some reasons tell me that this is another epic mod beside HoB), and maybe... hey, let's be selective, shall we?

I'll start making a clean house of BF2 installation; free up some space and install the HDR one on my PC. Then I'll do the reset of BF2 on my lappy and set up the one with my add-on weapons.

While my gaming time is restricted, nothing stops me on (re)managing mods/files and free up unnecessary space of game mods, especially since BF2 is like GTA V these days, with growing community that makes BF2 not just classic, but enjoyable for everyone, including old-timers and retro gamers.

Comments

  1. A 2019 instance show lately discovered that CBD supplementation enhanced sleep in 1 month of therapy (25 to 175 milligrams CBD/day) at two-thirds of individuals taking care of a psychiatry rehabilitation clinic. Whether that improvement also happens in healthy adults is not unknown. However, a 2019 evaluation of clinical trials found many research suggest positive effects of https://pharmacyhealthforall.com/7538/cbd-for-a-better-nights-sleep/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment