[PSA] VideoGameMods - downloading Naruto mods there seems to be inop

 

 

Who would have ever guessed? Seems to me that VGM (VideoGameMods) is using the Mediafire to host the files, the one where you can issue a complaint if someone didn't like your files being hosted publicly on the Internet.

It's not a joke, lemme tell you. I made a PSA post earlier regarding XentaX Forums shut downed, which covers the issue regarding my fanfic short story collection get taken down because someone didn't like using Naruto images as an illustration, even though it's fiction in a fiction. I don't mind about rehosting Combined Arms mod by beczl anyway; it's for the old LOFC2 game that the patch/update bitched the StarForce protection mechanism (basically, you can use the base unpatched version of the game, but with computer knowhow, you can make a backup of its binaries, patch it, and switch the binaries back to the old version). Besides, DCS: World is a thing today with mods growing bigger and bigger. If my time permits, I will cover what happened with the illustrated fanfic collection I made and why it was taken down.

The point is, whoever set up VGM website doesn't even have a redirect link in case a mod gets deleted off Mediafire. This is like the GTA Konoha déjà vú all over again.


Update: You know what, I take that back. Some mods still have functioning MediaFire links. You just have to look which one is working and which one is not.

Comments