Not even a week and someone's already abused it

It's real. Someone's already used the mods to make Blaze to think again about his doing on releasing the mod tools to the public. And it's becoming a widespread talk across the Ace Combat community. I told him that releasing the mod tools can affect the entire course of Ace Combat modding, but he said before, "eh, it's fine".

Ik this was supposed to be a fun thing for everyone, but it seems like this ability was abused by irresponsible people, purely to ruin the mechanics of multiplayer fun entirely. Not even a week and someone's already abused it.

At some point, the day before yesterday, people have noticed about this unknown player coming around and literally f*ck a guy using unlocked PSM, in an F-4E Phantom. Now Ik that this is unusual, and it was a real surprise that the guy he's fighting in, was using Blaze's name. He has given the clarification that he owns only 2 accounts, with one being mistakenly banned by the developer, but not with a game ban being plastered on that account. By the time he searched up for that name, he has already changed his names, but surprise, surprise... this unknown guy that uses his name came again to f*ck some other guys, this time with video evidence posted in a Chinese hosting video bilibili (the one that I talked about Bstation before).

You may wanna know the reason behind why I deleted the old post about this. Basically it's my opinion about the decision Blaze made, but since I became a moderator of that place, I had to take part in the cleanup process and make up a story pretending that this never happened. But it was all too late. This is a diary that tells you what I see and what I feel, whenever and whereever I like. Besides, since the release announcement on Tuesday this week, it attracted few hundreds of people who wanted to learn about advanced modding. I decided to take part at a later time since the completion of thesis and preparing for judicial is what's on my mind rn. Gaming's on my second priority as I have no time to sit around and do basically nothing. I even wasted some of my time to write this, BTW, because... I was in it.

And mark my word; anything I downloaded off his server or days before this change is for private use only and no one else, of which so far I haven't download anything (lucky me). And you already guessed the reason I said previously.

Well, it doesn't change the fact that I participated in Blaze's modified 30-minute Battle Royale; Sora (Sorasenkai) was also in that too. But as far as things go on, what he did on Tuesday this week has gone way too far, ngl. Not to mention, Idk what changes he made to his published YouTube videos for the past 3 months, but AFAIK, he's deleting or privatizing the videos of "oopsies" and streams he made when I and the others were in it, including the thing about the new and last planned DLC that will be released soon, maybe at the middle of the year when Top Gun: Maverick movie will be released on May 27 this year, assuming that the movie makers didn't reverse the release date even further. The 80s Top Gun movie is the most favored one, even in the Ace Combat community up to this day.

And the bad news is... he hunkered down somewhere because PA and Bandai Namco was alerted about this action, from some guys in the community, but not Blaze's. This is why it has becoming a widespread talk in the community as I said earlier because... by releasing the mod files and tools to the public, he may get a liability to being taken a legal action; big companies like that may have a right to doxx people who abused the EULA of their product, with that gathered information being sent to the authorities. The guys there have taken an advice to Blaze to take a chill pill and rest off, because... I'll be honest. This is like what I EXACTLY feel when I get scammed. Just... without the crying, disappointment, and repent part.

If you wanna know the backstory of it, it all started with this.



To cut the long story, basically Megalith and Blaze continued the conversation about this issue in personal DMs, to which it resulted in this kind of mess. Someone has intended to use his mod tools to literally ruin the multiplayer fun entirely because... I'll be honest. This isn't like GTA Online where using mods that even as simple as altering the look (like a modified timecycle file) are prohibited. And Ace Combat 7? Its multiplayer feature has no protection against something like this. If this game is as neglected as Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, I wouldn't be surprised if people start to use modded files in a public multiplayer match. However, AC7 is nowhere near neglected AFAIK despite having low playerbase in the PC platform. It's a bad idea if people started to release mod tools, if not to screw up the singleplayer for their own personal taste, solely to screw up the multiplayer that has zero protection against this.

So, what can we learn about this? To me personally, I'd say that you have to think twice about what you are going to do. Think more than twice the repercussions of what you are going to do. Ask yourself, "should I do it?" "Will this get an impact of me?" "Will this can be for the greater good of the x?"

For the record, I hope this can be a valuable lesson to us all who read this. But, off the record, even though I call that as a bold move, doing what isn't supposed to be (where things are still a mystery) is a bad idea. Also, plans on getting the PW style of modding in AC7... who knows? For the final closure of this writing, I hope that Blaze will recover from this one. If not, I'd start to move on and leave for the sake of the greater good of the community. And now, have a last minute of me posting some of the Project Wingman shots and a video of this subject.






Comments