The absence and Storm 4 Evo?

 It's been a while since I write things here in my blog and... yeah, things have been going on so much. Between all the drama of Blaze's Ace Combat Discord community and recently, the hacked Knight Valfodr's channel, yeah, I'm silently making mods and updating them while I flex myself in playing other games and the other that I saved for the rainy day, the Shinobi Striker.

Tell you what, I still have the Red Alert 3: Uprising game (no Steam, pirated, I guess) and I managed to AFK in the middle of the night, and guess what? You can leave your base intact and having to rack up 700k of money in 4 to 5 hours as long as you set up impenetrable base defense (yeah, after the horde of Steel Ronins at the start, you only have Archer Maidens for the remainder of the gameplay). It's hilarious to see enemies still spawning them despite low on ore resources.


Can't believe I shit myself on this. Usually when you use the "Red Alert" button to give out the emergency stash cash, the completion time will be automatically set to 99:59 regardless of how long you do the "Commander's Challenge" session. If you don't use it, well, you can see how long you completed the session clear as day.

Also, I just caught up with an interesting mod name out there that, Idk, maybe looks good?


Won't be risking the incognito just to watch the whole video (IDM seem to refuse downloading a YouTube watch page because... well... for some reason, it uses Internet Explorer as the web browser), so I used a sandbox environment and observe from there. The mod that's called as "Storm 4 Evolution" seemed to be a community-made mod designed to fix the changes developers can't do, maybe in a way that is better than Perfect Storm, I guess.

Apparently, the mod is provided with an auto-downloader application and...





Apart from the fact that none antiviruses detect the launcher as malicious, apparently Malwarebytes detected it as "an anomalous machine learning". I may seem to get why Siam stopped recommending people to use Malwarebytes, but apart from the fact that 5 other AV softwares are not well-known, only Malwarebytes false-flag this "Storm 4 Evo" launcher app as malicious. I get to check the other tabs for "sus" activities this app will provide, and they seem to provide green light over it. Clean IP address, clean file...

What's new is the "Crowdsourced Sigma Rules" in the "Behavior" tab. I understood the OS basics and have entry-level programming knowledge, and when I try to run the EXE in a sandbox, it seem trying to find the game directory and the game executable so that it can be able to start downloading files. There's also "Python Initiated Connection", which the executable tries to get a read on the running services of a computer (like, for what?).

I seem to surprise myself that AVG was no longer in the list; maybe people was right about AVG having its ownership claimed by Avast or it's just me. Still, who knows?


I may gonna dip out and go back to the usual Discord hangout, so... I may seem to give this "Storm 4 Evo" mod a try. The uploader seemed to do an oopsie where he forgot to put the website link in the description, so...



Feel free to check it out. It's at unsevolution.com. I'll see you again at the next post, and thanks for reading.



Comments