Fallout 4 played too early

Few days back, but precisely a week ago or so, I got my laptop upgraded to Windows 10 from an ISO file that my friend provided (which downloaded straight from Microsoft website). Well, so much for the 7.5 gigs quota that I can get it from midnight to noon. It's already exhausted with 4 gigs remaining after the period expired yesterday midnight.

You know what, after full-time upgrade of my laptop and new graphics card driver, old games that run on 10 FPS like CS:GO now run smoothly in 30 FPS while on battery, and more while charging the battery or on AC power. And yet, I can now put the Flaming Cliffs 2 game in it (which previously seemed to be bugged due to the incompatibility with Windows 8).

Something in my mind lately was that, if my friend can run Fallout 4 on modern graphics, perhaps I can, so I installed it on my laptop, but not together with Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (I assume it's pretty heavy in laptop, and I really wanted to make a console game feeling, not a stuttered game in which it's like old-school games) as I need free space for college works for the next 2 years.

Fallout 4 seemed to be running good on my laptop, but bad news is that it can run better on approx. 15 to 30 FPS while charging or on AC power, worse on between 5 to 15 FPS while on battery. Also, it takes more resources and RAM usage, so functions like Alt-Tab may seem to be impossible (you can, but I tried it once; the laptop was like to hang; it doesn't have HDD working indicator to see if it's really loading; you're gonna have to wait for hours; if you shut it down by force, the next boot will be longer than usual).

My progress in the game seemed to be good. It seems like the game is similar as Skyrim that my brother played before. And oh... this is like combining Call of Duty (as well as previous Fallout games) and Red Alert 3 at the same time, which is, constructing your own safe place (base), play quests (like assaulting the enemy base) and at the same time, defend the safe place (base) from enemies.

I do say in my first thought, this game is awesome and better than the old Fallout games. This game really attracts me and wanted to see how this story goes about the lost child. And I do secondly say, I played this game too early than I expected, but this also raises the chance of getting spotted by teachers when I play this game in the class. Yeah, you know, the Alt-Tab function seemed to be impossible for me, except if I play the other light games like San Andreas or Battlefield 2. And sorry lads, Red Alert 2 is unplayable in modern graphics driver (it's an oldschool game that runs on DirectX 8, and when running the interactive Installer, it refuses to start).

Well, that's it. Have a good night and stay tuned for more.

Comments