I finally found my groove

 After that last video about me jousting players in Blazededge RZ's stream and I joined his Discord server, I finally found my groove of meeting new people; not just local, of which there are a few or so, but also international, and also, be a part of Ace Combat community that started up since the Assault Horizon days. Now, you guessed it, I'm in the stream with Blaze and other popular players that a.k.a. "the boys".

You might be asking, why I took part of this. I'll explain this in a nutshell: loneliness and popularity in a particular community.

Loneliness

I like to be left alone and do whatever I want, but I'll be honest. One day, I woke up, almost crying, of which for some reason, I felt the sadness in me that... the only friend I can count on when "home alone" is the Boruto Uzumaki action figure I have; the SHFiguarts one.

I'll say this in the simplest way possible. You like to have a me time where no one wants to bother you, right? What if you used that time too much? How do you feel about that? Yeah, that's how I feel.

Popularity

You know, having myself subscribed to Blazededge RZ channel since... Idk, long ago (a video came up on my YouTube Home and I found it interesting, so I subscribed to him), I find some of his videos entertaining like some other Ace Combat-oriented channels like TugaAvenger, Knight Valfodr, and SlyCooperFan1. I used to be a keyboard player of the Assault Horizon until the keyboard bindings got broken after switching a keyboard somewhere, and that broken bindings baked into the save file. Don't get me wrong; game's keyboard bindings are saved once you make changes to it, and that keyboard switching probably corrupted the save file and baked into it. I can't change or even remap the affected keyboard bindings, even to this day, but even though I can, it still won't accept the inputs I put into. And the last resort is to use a gamepad (PS2 joystick), but that made me goes back in a way that, "ye, I'm a noob".

I only contributed myself into the skin mods that only few people cared and a single plane walkthrough (F-16C) in Ace Combat 7 until... on a whim and while I have some free time, I joined into Blaze's stream and joust players in that lobby. This video below will explain it.


So, at that point, Blaze accepted the warm welcome of being a part of the yet another community full of Ace Combat players around the world, of which I contributed more by joining his Discord server, and not just the general one; the one with the popularity built from the ground up. And that's Blazededge RZ.

It goes without saying that I'm not just a big fan of Naruto and Boruto, but also a fan of Ace Combat since the day of my childhood, dreaming all sorts of things, like being a pilot or a soldier. I'm also a fan of anything related to aviation, classic and modern warfare, and history; you can say that I subscribed to Swiss001 and Sam Chui channels not only because of the world of aviation, sometimes they talked about luxury, memes, and military stuff too (Sam Chui only talks about aviation luxury and some military aviation stuffs). This is an explanation why Trigger to Boruto Skin Pack exist, because even though the design is cheap-wise due to the use of the available in-game liveries without emblems applied, it's a skin mod pack that I express my love into, as a fan of Naruto/Boruto, Ace Combat, aviation, and modern warfare.

Though, seriously, I rarely used Facebook after that "unintended password reset" because of a new login system that the system thinks that my account is signed in on another computer other than the one I usually used, but it was me all the time. Yeah, I was just about to give up hope on using that social media at that point, where it was built during the early junior high school days (2008 or so). I was about to send a complaint letter to the Facebook, but yea, I decided not to as I don't think the guys there will hear me out about what exactly happened when I was signing in my account on random computers.

With the server features everything that have my basics covered, I call Blaze's Discord server "a place to call it home". Not an actual home, maybe, because it's constantly moderated and the "boss" (the owner of the server, Blaze) is kinda selective of choosing who became a part of "the boys" after the "LCN" group disband (a group of PS4 players where Blaze participated in quite a few years ago or so), but I still call it a home; a place, IMO, where I meet new friends to play with and be a part of the stream whenever Blaze wanted to.

Truth to be told, I'm just a new and random guy that has been around the block since last month. Here, I found myself as a Naruto/Boruto-oriented Ace Combat player, and I wanna contribute to the community, even though it's just a little. The money I spent on buying this AC7 game back on my birthday is really worth it, though, after being scammed 3 times in my life, I have learned to be extra careful of anything that comes into my PC, intended or unintended.

The Point and Addendum

It goes without saying that, even though I have less to none friends that I met after entering the outbreak of Covid-19, and the only way to not be lonely is to spend my time with the family (like helping some sh*t up) or outside while following health protocols (like going with my sister to someplace fun), with the English language I have being perfected as the time goes, and I have a webcam with an embedded microphone that can be used not just in Zoom Meeting or Google Meet, I still have a chance to interact with the society, even though it is an indirect contact. And by joining Blaze's Discord server, I have my chance to find some friends here, so long as I kept my Discord account safe (and by safe, I mean to keep an eye out of the scams that can hijack one's account without being realized that one's been scammed).

And... quite many times ago, there's a Discord Invite link in some of the Steam thread posts of UNS4 game that points me to "Hidden Lightskin Village" server, but... meh, I'm not sure I can have my interaction with them. After my slight interaction with Otellino (author of America Rising - A Tale of The Enclave) and other great "Enclave" guys in "Otellino's Mods" server, and some contribution to keep the "Kingdom of the Skies" server alive, I wanted to give it a try. Sadly, the invite link expired and the only way to join in is to find it from "Add a Server" feature. I'm not sure what kind of server I'll be expecting, but Ik for sure it's Naruto/Boruto-oriented.

Well, this is a chance in a lifetime I'll be expecting for, meeting foreigners of all kinds that can talk very well. Just so you know, few years ago, when I and my family were at Bali and went to the popular place where the sunset happens, we managed to reach a place where there were snakes that have some "snake handlers" handling the snakes. Some foreigners approached me, wondering what was that, and I told them. After that, they were confused and left, probably didn't catch on what I just said.

But here, in Blaze's stream, I call this "an ordinary day to be in a TOEFL test", but with "Dora the Explorer" stuff where we have to interact on something that implicitly visible or heard. I'll be honest; my sound doesn't sound bad and guys like McKnab (written as MKnab), Gallant, Blaze himself, and Merlo really caught on what I said. Perfectly, without flaws. No wonder that last TOEFL test for my thesis seminar requirement is scored 567, while the minimum requirement is above 475 or so. Do note that 567 is the best I can get without learning even a single bit, but learning just by intuition, knowledge, and past experiences; I have the best score in Writing and Reading comprehensions, but I still suck on Listening comprehension. I managed to answer perhaps 25 or 30 out of 50 questions the narrator asked "what does x mean/implying/et cetera, et cetera".

Also, if you ask about my sister, it's entirely a different story. She can speak English after some training and even went to Singapore to get a certificate of achievement for learning there, but for TOEFL tests, she even asked me to help her answering some sh*t she can't understand. I'm not sure how my parents (or even my sis) will react if I'm in the stream with Blaze, but yea, they like to criticize me of "being not a sane person". It's even why I chose to be "home alone" just because I don't want my parents or even my sister criticize me of some interactions in Blaze's stream as opposed to how I do Zoom Meeting or Google Meet last semester when with teachers and other students in the "class".

But yea, I have some free time, TBH, and it's like another day in the meeting "class". It's entirely a different story if I still have some unfinished works.

Tomorrow, Idk if I'll be joining or not. Probably something big going down, but, yea, I'm down, while I wait for my counselor to solve the problem of dissemination registration.

Comments