Is it me, or it's just me being unlucky?

This is the second time I get scammed, and only me that's being the worst of losing another goddamn 2 million of savings. Well, this time I ran out of options.

I have no idea if one of the Steam users in my friends list has been hijacked by a scammer, and I fell for it. And not only that, some other friends are affected on this too. I was too afraid to say what happened to my parents, but believe me, nothing hurts than letting the scam go on, of which I abused my debit card purchases on something I do not really want to.


And my ego goes on with trusting about this "money back guarantee" and it seemed like, I started to trust that there's no "money back guarantee" from now on, even though it's a third-party payment gateway like PayPal and such.

I didn't notice something wrong with the guy claiming to be a legit Steam Support, but my guessing about trusting this guy is entirely wrong. This guy's really an absolute scammer, but one thing that he didn't know is that I have his e-mail address by accident. Glad that G2A payment bricked as hell, but here's the thing. I was too scared to tell that if this guy pretending to be a Steam Support is a scammer, but as soon as I make a deposit of a total of 2 million Rupiahs in a form of Steam Gift Cards... there goes the suspicious activity as it says that "my account has 3% error" and wanted more of it. Well, I can't create a G2A account with my main e-mail.

Straight out of the blue, I tell this to my parents and sis, and guess what? For the second time, I got scammed. It's not just an ordinary phone call, but more like... this is on a freakin' international level that once I know my Steam account got compromised, my sis forced me to reset passwords on everything. Literally, everything, that I used in a scam drama.

Few users are affected, though, and not just me. I was in a middle of a game with no homework to finish and then there's this message saying "reported you by accident".

After the drama was over, I told this depressing story to a Discord server "Kingdom of the Skies", letting them know what was going on. Some users there are nice, giving me wise words that I will never forget. After learning through this, I believe it's because of my shyness that I need to fight. And I mean it. The only friends I can count on for international level is at the Discord "Kingdom of the Skies", but I was too late to inform about this; my fear comes first and I started to forget everything else, focusing on my "account recovery" that promised me "money refund" whereas it doesn't.

At this point, I never trusted anything that sounds prizey or promising for a refund. I could use aggressive behavior if I have to. Likewise, I'm gonna need someone who can support me on this, to prevent the same thing like this happened again. I said, "Carry on with smiles or die for nothing."


Well, there goes my savings, leaving only 800k now. Now I'm waiting for the PayPal to send the money right to my bank account before my mom closes it and start a new one under my mom's supervision. Maybe I shouldn't use Internet Banking from now on after seeing how fucked it is. I hate my life, but that doesn't mean I have to for the rest of my life. At least, until the moderator and the admin there gave me some good advises to carry on with my life, no matter what it takes. I'd say I'll take it, even though it hurts, A LOT, in my heart. Besides, I have one goal to make: get graduated, and get a job. But I'll be honest, I'm suck at programming. Any language. I need a book to learn it, but not the E-Book. Reasons tell me that I have to keep my phone active just to read a book.


Tell you what, the scam I undertook the day before yesterday, it was something I couldn't expect of. This scammer somehow has access to my account, bypassing the two-factor authentication, and take control of my account in an instant. The foolish thing I have in mind is that I trust that he's the legit guy from Steam Support who made changes on my account to lift the "temporarily locked" status to verify my account's integrity. And yesterday, my sis' boyfriend and the KoTS Discord Server received something that wasn't me. Then, I started to believe everything my sister and her boyfriend has to say. He has a lot of time in Steam more than mine, so (I guess?) he knows how it works, how the scam works, everything about the Steam world.

2020 perhaps is the shittiest year of my life. Not because of Covid-19, but because of negligence of understanding how scam works. Ik everything about 416 scams and "tech support scams" on YouTube, but avoiding scams like on the phone or something that involves my games in Steam? That I can't even comprehend of. I'm just glad that I still have my account in one piece and not touching my games to... what, having a VAC ban? And it was quick, too. It took only few hours to get the actual Steam Support to respond to the situation. Passwords are reset on accounts involved in scamming, scanned for active viruses/malwares with AVG (though most likely they recommend Malwarebytes), and yeah, clean slate.

Now it's only a matter of time to figure out how to make money on the Internet without even going out from my home, even though it's an apartment. It's time to make use of Hago and Olymp Trade as a source of income. I may gonna look for other side jobs while at it, though; I can handle these things no problem, but then again, I'm gonna need my mom's consent if I wanted to use these kind of things. Trading is risky as it is; Idk what my sis will gonna say about it (she's taking the Business Management major). Hago? Just tried it out and the games seem pretty basic; it's even fit on my old phone I used. I'll try Naruto to Boruto mobile game one when Covid-19 is over, as well as Shinobi Striker and everything else I didn't played in Steam (saved them for rainy day).

The only thing is, how can I remember this moment so I can avoid the same thing in the future? Believe me, none of my family members (my parents, my bro, and my sis) got a history of being scammed, and I'm the only one who's the shittiest around here. I asked whether there has been scamming incidents more than three times. And knowing that it can happen more than that, I'd say, "oh, fuck me". I should have listened. (Ahem, sorry, get carried out sometimes.)

Comments