Ace Combat 7 - New Planes on the Trailer

There's these two trailers of Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown I watched on YouTube.
And there are some footages I know that are similar to few games I have now.

Dedicated Reconnaissance Aircraft taking off (E3 Trailer)

Dedicated Reconnaissance Aircraft banking

Dedicated Reconnaissance Aircraft hammered by Osean CAP fighter
Here's the first one. If I have to compare, it's similar to the F-104 Starfighter in Air Conflicts: Vietnam. Question is, is that really a reconnaissance aircraft? As far as I know it's unknown, and what it was used for until a CAP fighter aircraft shot it down is a mystery.





And oh yeah, you can mind its pylons that in the trailer it doesn't have one. It also does not equipped with fuel tanks placed on both wingtips.


Erusean Ace Squadron (TGS/IGN Trailer)

Computer Aided Targeting System (?), at the WSO seat?

Thrust-vectoring nozzles like the Su-37 has

Erusean Ace Fighter Jet taking off

This one antagonist in Ace Combat 7 is unknown from the trailers I watched. And from the insignias carved on the rudder, it belonged to the Erusean Air Force. I bet this would be awesomely challenging.

From the first glance I don't think it's Su-37 just to say that it is a two-seater/tandem seat fighter-interceptor aircraft with canard wings. If you think what I'm thinking, the best selection is either Su-35UB or Indian Su-30MKI. However, the best match is the Su-30MKI or its equivalent.

Apparently, Su-30MKI did appear in Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 and it fits the one on the trailer.
Su-30MKI

Su-30MKI

Su-30MKI taking off

Thrust-vectoring nozzles like in the trailer

There's one difference, however, with the trailer and the game. There's a kind of CATS (Computer Aided Targeting System) system at the Weapons System Officer (WSO) seat of the Su-30MKI that in the trailers I watched, help the pilot to better maneuver the aircraft. Idk much about it though; it really helped the pilot too much (like, overpowered or something?).

Most other planes in the trailer are recognizable since Ace Combat 4, Ace Combat 5, and Ace Combat Zero like the "indestructible" F-15C Eagle, Saab 39 Gripen, F-16C Fighting Falcon, F-2A Viper Zero, and fictional Ace Combat-only aircrafts like Morgan (ADFX-02), Wyvern (X-02), and Falken (ADF-01).

What's unique in the trailer also is that it takes the theme of Ace Combat 4 again with a jump-ahead of aviation technology, like this "Arsenal Bird" from one of the demo trailers I watched that can deploy hundreds of UCAVs as an offensive and defensive weapon. The squadron and the marking is much more like Ace Combat 5, only this time it's the Trigger Squadron. God, it looks like I'm going back to the time when I was playing PS2 again. "Bring back the classics", I had to say.

From the demo trailer also when the developer flies an F/A-18F, the cockpit is much more detailed like those in Battlefield 3, only when you are not in Story Mode (fourth mission "Going Dark" or something only puts you in WSO seat and aiding the pilot to guide missiles and laser strike).


I guess the guy by the name AgenBlaze (or my friend Adi Dharma on Facebook) did have a reason why he loved to see AC7 to be released than playing AC:AH despite Skyline did used AC:AH models to create a number of aircraft mods. If it's released for PC (on Steam) I can enjoy my time repeating many missions I like when I get bored. Still, I gotta mind the specifications as from the demo video I saw, the aircraft textures are 4K UHD - I bet it doesn't demand "potato" computers.

Well, we don't know what's yet ahead of us. Like it or not, we gotta wait, and I do the nostalgics.

Comments