I can't believe this!

Not just in a few days, though, shit happens.

So yesterday morning, a bad news came out from me and it spread out like a cancer to all my family members. Just before I went for college I used my usual backpack to carry the usual thing for informatics engineering people: the laptop. I checked the bag first to ensure it's heavy, but then I realized it became light, so I checked the insides. It was gone. But the mouse was still there.

I haven't yet written about an experience of my friend's hangout yet last Tuesday. It was fun and with clean, friendly weather. My friend's a female; she brought her motorbike and a handbag containing her laptop to visit my big house. I even accompanied her for a trip to a nearby school.

Mom knew something's wrong as soon as I look up anywhere in my house. Nothing. Then she started asking questions about whether I did gave some cash to my college friends by force, but I said the truth that I don't. I hadn't yet pulled out something out of my bag for a week ever since it was found out gone. I also told my mom about the my friend's visit as well as the family from Bali.

Mom pointed out that my friend might be the stealer. I mean, WTH? She's a nice girl! But I can't refuse the good hunches of my parents! If I refuse, that'll be the same as fighting my parents. I asked questions regarding what just happened last Tuesday to that friend, and I told her that my lappy was lost, but she said that she wasn't stealing my shit. This morning father asked whether she might be upset when I asked or otherwise calm, so I brought my last WhatsApp chat messages to him and then said that she might be the stealer. Again, I can't refuse the good hunches of my parents.

I have a lot of speculations from this event, and perhaps I can't remember. Most of the days I spent my time at home and I have college schedule every Thursday. Last week I went home by public transportation using the regular route based on the vehicle color. My bag was still heavy that time. I was at the front seat, sleeping and hugging my bag as if it was a pillow. I went home with no problems, safe and sound. I put my bag also to the usual place in my room and never touched it.

Seriously, idk what went wrong, since this is my first time I lost my expensive stuff, and not my smartphone. It's my black Lenovo laptop with Naruto stickers. If resold was at 1 million Rupiahs or so. Nothing important was found on its hard disk, except my light video games, old college projects, and some of my master install files like Delphi 7, C++Builder 6, and Cannon Fodder SDK for Counter-Strike. Fortunately, I still have the backup of some master install files, including the installed one on my home PC. The old college projects are not, but still replaceable whether I took some of the college lessons again. Also, all my works are now on PC. Never on laptop.

I didn't install some PC-tracking apps in case if it was being placed somewhere or somebody stole it. If I did it, it was then another story.


So, guess my father was kindly enough to hand over his ASUS laptop to use for my daily college times. I moved his files out to the backup hard disk and then I used it for my usual college things. I still need to find the installation files I need, such as Delphi and C++Builder, and set up the environment in case if there's a database programming lesson I need to take. Once all's done, all I need is to install Ubuntu and Tails on a separate partition of the drive that has 1 TB size. ATM, my laptop's undergoing feature update to Windows 10 version 1803, the same one I used on my PC.


Yesterday I have an e-mail from Steam and there's a game that's on a discount, for about 75% of its normal price, and 50%-60% for a bundle pack. So I'm wondering what kind of event Bandai Namco was having, and since I mentioned that, this is the game that I already own the cracked one: NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4. Was it because the Ace Combat 7? ... Anyway, offer ends on September 25 midnight and I still have 100k balance on my wallet. Seriously, if I take the one without Road to Boruto that includes 5 DLC packs, I can't be able to experience the same as it was in a cracked version of the game, and once bought, DLCs are purchased separately.

Idk a way to get some of them, and besides, I have to go down to ATM and go to closest minimarket if I want to top up some of my wallet. And again, there's a promise I have to make. Man, this is ridiculous. I have no way except playing R6S, GTA V, or CS:GO until I get graduated, except... if I take some time strolling around the college. There's an ATM and the minimarket I can visit to top up the wallet and buy it, and when there's some remaining cash I'd like to buy Call of Duty: World at War since it was a cheap and light game I did played since I have my first PC at home.

My mom will never see the difference whether I pulled out half million to buy one game, but then again, it's goddamn ridiculous. Take my chances, or... buy just the plain game?

Comments