Sega console old days w/ crazy bad vibes back then

 You might be wondering, what kind of crazy stuff that makes you give nightmares back when you were a child? Yep, I, as a chad programmer (well, not really) and gamer, do have one, and that was when I have the first Sega console with that famous Sonic the Hedgehog game that who knows what. Ah, the classic old days when I was in Bali for the first time. Early 20th century is such a classic day as a kindergarten student back before the day.

So, I had this crazy memories of remembering unwanted images that came out from my old "Compaq" PC and that Sega console right after I put in that large box (which looked like something that reads game data) into it. Why I call this unwanted? It gave me at that point some bad vibes that made me run scared like Tom being chased by Spike because it was scary as f***, similar to Megaman-phobia that made me scared af for no reason at all to hate this particular game made by Capcom. Idk what I was thinking back then, which at the glance of that imagery that suddenly came out from the TV/monitor screen, it was unwanted, like, something else is in there. Hidden content, perhaps, from that game that made me eager to play the very first helicopter game like Nuclear Strike on PS1?

No idea what kind of console I was using and how this first helicopter game has relations with my memories I just getting this year, when Covid-19 made people went to sh*t, hoping in vain for vaccine to make people return to normal lives (fun fact, my mom got vaccined a few days back with this Sinovac thingy), so before the time passes by, I run two search queries on Google: one for the emulator, one for the game itself.


Just in time, luck is on me once again. This is the game that I don't even know how to play back then and just staying at the homebase with... what, no clue what to do because the game is in English, with no HUD to support? And... oh look, it's the circle, triangle, and square symbols that makes me don't have a damn clue about "what kind of company that uses such freakin' symbol on a videogame". That's Electronic Arts (EA) company for you (which also called EA Games as of today), the one that creates Star Wars and Battlefield games up to this day.

Quite impressed that this title is not like a "clickbait" on its own. Desert Strike. It was back at the early 20th century that I played this on Sega console with no freaking clue about what to do because it has no HUD, and the only way to see objectives, helicopter status, and where to go is via the map for POI (point of interest). The soundtrack is crazy af at the beginning. Also, note that I don't understand English when I was like... a kindergarten student or maybe younger than that, so, I was hoping if I can at least win this game as if I could do with Nuclear Strike and Soviet Strike in PS1. Judging by the rating on Google it was good too. Idk if classic games are even so good back before the day that I have no clue on how to control the helicopter and all that sh*t, which I have to rely on the "pause menu" to check the map, helicopter status, and mission objectives.


There are other games that I have on playing, like this F1 racing game made by Taito, but that's for another time. So... I may as well give it a try. I don't see anything crazy lately, long after this unwanted crazy bad vibes when I have this Sega console (except for that Megaman-phobia, which now I see no sense in get scared for it), and I hope I can at least win this to see what kind of endgame is like for this one special game that I don't have a freakin' clue about how to play this back then.

Comments