Someone is itching about website blocks here and there

I was too slow to react to this, yet the oploverz is receiving the same fate as what happened to Samehadaku back before the day. X-VPN somehow borked (despite claiming it was good thanks to Siam Alam's review back before the day) and I uninstalled it, now with me having Windows Sandbox or the good ole' VirtualBox VM at my disposal. Whatever that is, someone on the inside (government?) wanted to prevent "massive loss" to us watchers, who can't afford sh*t to pay for streaming services, or what you want to watch at the streaming services do not available for your region. Or... pulling out the SS (screenshots) for "mementos" or whatever of what you're watching.

Kumparan newsletter stated that oploverz, just like Samehadaku, are illegal websites for streaming copyrighted content (anime like Boruto NNG, the one that I favored the most), and offered replacement like Netflix (which Combat Wombat mentioned that "Netflix should be canceled" last year due to the "Cuties" movie, wut?), Viu, and iflix, though TBH, some animes are showing up in an ad on YouTube, like iQIYI (OMG, kekeyi again? Why not some other, rather "non-excessive" ones like Viu or iflix ad?).

I mean, seriously, every country tried to stop the material loss of entertainment productions from various countries, but just like illegal trading services like Olymp Trade, Binomo, and (Idk) OctaFX (?), this is Tom and Jerry all over, a game of cat and mouse. They changed domains to escape the blocking, though I have to admit, people seek various ways to survive, even during this ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, which then followed by whatever new pandemic that is in the future and it'll be greater than this.

Not many seek honest jobs, eh? Sometimes it doesn't pay out well.


Also, coming in to this blog post for new update of my post, and... as well as telling you that I have recorded the videos of me playing Project Wingman, with the first playthrough without buying anything, no mods, T-21 only, Hard difficulty. Video coming soon, if I'm up to it, as well as deleting that video with Ami... (what?) music from the ending of Boruto NNG.

Mercenary difficulty with T/F-4 coming soon.


Update: Switched back to Betternet. Good ol' classic, but still reliable, even until this day. Recently used to check the last post that oploverz sent before it was blocked for whatever good reason my country's gov't has. However, it demands .NET Framework 4.5, which is a pain in the ass if you still use Windows XP (especially 32-bit ones) - 4.5 doesn't support XP, but... nah, that's another story.

Well, cat and mouse all over. Switched back to Samehadaku just like old times.

Update 2: I managed to found a cool trick that sadly lost track this week (18-10-2021). Samehadaku seemed to use an IP address to avoid being filtered out as "harmful content" and it lasted for a month or so. It seemed like it switched over to a new domain/IP address to continue avoiding the government's blockage. It's like a wild goose chase to infinity. But hey, at least the use of IP address instead of site name works.


Also, I heard 3 mobile streaming movie services, with the last one being WeTV, are streaming this Boruto NNG series (my sister showed that to me one time ago) as well as the classic ones like Naruto. And the most recent discovery few weeks ago... in my country, there's a streaming service called Anoboy that streams this Boruto NNG series and can be used on all platforms (good news, at least). Idk about other countries; yours, if you live outside Indonesia, have a name that's equivalent to it.

Update 3: Seems like the IP address is working again, but I had to use VPN to open it. Idk if I use non-VPN connection.

Comments