Seems to be a lot of headache, maybe I should drop it? Or not?

 

It's getting close to my birthday, I know, but judging from the heavy restrictions that placed in Nexus Mods, it's gonna be one level with YouTube at some point. If you don't know what I'm talkin' about, references are here and here.

Porting content

Ik this sounds ridiculous, but I see examples of mod-hosting websites like GTAInside and GTA5-Mods had no problem with models, rigs, or whatever that came from other games, showcased it, and make it downloadable for every person the planet, and none of users/admins/moderators have complaints regarding it. Even SkylineGTRFreak has no problems uploading new stuffs that ported, for example, from Ace Combat 7, into Grand Theft Auto V (I saw his latest videos, BTW, but I didn't watch it). However, Nexus Mods has come to a way heavier restriction regarding this issue at hand. Full thread post is here. Still, I won't argue that I may indeed want to use NS:UNS4 assets into Fallout 4, but uploading it to Nexus Mods when ready invites trouble than it was supposed to be, because... let's be honest, UNS4 game is protected under copyright and ToS, and so does Fallout 4.

Now, onto my Boruto Ped Mod Project that discontinued.

Nexus Mods is just an alternate way of hosting my mod downloads, and so does with my blog website I used to post my thoughts about the world and my daily life. Ever since GTAGaming website closed, I switched to GTAInside, and now I rarely download or making and uploading anything off and from that website after I decided to stay away from GTA games (you know, after I moved my PC to the apartment where my mom and dad sees what I'm doing, especially during this Covid-19 days). Here's the question that might bug you out: my rig is an obvious port from UNS4 to GTA; isn't that a bannable offense in Nexus? It's almost a year, I know, and if you mods or admins of Nexus Mods see this, please reach me out, have a civil conversation, and if you do agree that uploading ported content on Nexus is indeed illegal, I'll remove it at your request. No account banning necessary as I rarely upload mods that I made on my own, even though it's a small thing that changes everything, and I use it only to download, endorse, and track mods. And yes, I own the games legitimately, unlike the good old days.

Update: You know what? There are some weapon mods that are straight from other games, but... people seem to be fine with it. Should I go with this, or not?

Main issue with starting to mod

You see, modding Fallout 4 is getting more complicated than it should be, unlike basic messageinfo editing in UNS4 or modeling/rigging a ped or car in ZModeler. It's indeed the same level as you would with Skyrim, and it makes no difference whether you want to mod stuffs in either one of them or both; you still get the idea.

My mod plans for having Android 100, Android 101, and Android 171P in Fallout 4 (which A100 and A171P were companions as if you would with Paladin Danse) is to make them 1) as ambient characters wandering around the Prydwen, and 2) as companions (for which I use this on A100 and A171P, having appropriate weapons to found in Nexus apart from Shuriken and Kunai knife). Doing this isn't an easy task, I know. You need to make voiceovers (maybe I'll consider using the VO actors from the guys who voiced characters in English of Boruto: Naruto the Movie), craft a script from the Creation Kit, make lipsyncs from created voice, and who knows what else you will expect? Project Valkyrie that I found somewhere in Steam Forums is indeed a mod that relies on a heavily-influenced character speeches (dialogue-heavy). Like, you tell me. Creating chara rips is from a devkit called BodySlide, and then you put them in using Creation Kit. Then, with CK, you craft the plugin mod how you want, like making patches, script to make companions, and more.

Unfortunately, CK itself requires a registration to Bethesda.net account, which is... you know, quite tedious as I probably have no reason on further using it apart from using the CK (but who knows?). More information is from the modpage I visited or here. Same goes with long unused LockOnFiles account or LCPDFR account (hell, even GTAInside as I rarely visit it unless if I see some fancy mods to use; I've been collecting less and less weird mods to try out, just to conserve space).

Also, from the tools I saw at the bottom of the modpage, the guys there are using A LOT of tools to craft that aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee mod that I want to try out. Apparently, a lot of work has to be done with it, but my proposal is way lighter than that. Yeah, you can tell that my proposed mod is nothing more than just adding new companions and one extra character in the Fallout world, specifically in the Prydwen, which are Boruto Uzumaki, Sarada Uchiha, and Himawari Uzumaki. I just have all the weapon references I need (for fanfic references, you see, if you get the idea, but still lacking those throwing stars (shuriken) and ninja blades (kunai) I'm talkin' about); now all I need is how to make them to be used as companions. It's not a one-man army to do this as I need a unique voice acting that was not an obvious movie or anime series port of which has English dubbing (as of now, no English dubbing in the ongoing Boruto: Naruto Next Generations apart from the original Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden, with ne plus ultra of Boruto: Naruto the Movie), and some skills to make it into a working mod.

I might gonna end up paying competent people to do this, but as I said in the beginning, I do mods for free and never intended to make them paid mods unless if I want to. This might get scrapped eventually, but if money talks, nothing is impossible. If I do pay for college (which as of now still dependent on my parents, yeah, life sucks in some way), then why not those who experienced in using tools and mod games?

Believe me. As a big fan of Naruto and Boruto, I do want the same wacky shit as people would do with Grand Theft Auto games (which GTA San Andreas is surprisingly a paradise of mods ranging from simple enhancements to total conversions, and anime mods are no exception). One Piece in GTA? Usual. Fighter jets and IRL vehicles in GTA? Nah, usual stuff. In fact, you can see a shit ton of car mods in most GTA games because, you know, GTA is vehicle-oriented, combined with action shooter elements; car mods are becoming a common habit there. CLEO or script mods to add more wacky scenarios? S.S.D.D. (reference mission in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; in full it's called "same sh*t, different day")

So, let me tell you something. Skyrim has Naruto mods, but I'd call it as incomplete without Naruto in it, see? I can only see Akatsuki chara in Nexus Mods one time in Google Search, and that's it. The rest is something like a feature that adds new spell elements or smth; my bro knows about Skyrim once, and Joel did showcase this modded Skyrim gameplay in his uploaded stream on YouTube. And only a tiny number of mods are Naruto-oriented in Fallout 4, and none are about Boruto or similar (Naruto chara model, if you want to say the other way). So, with this open opportunity, I want to make this to become a reality, but what I need is more than just one-man army to do this. Even though, for example, I managed to get all the things working, you still need voiceovers for Boruto, Sarada, and Himawari; I can't use stock VOs from the base game itself, it might sound weird. Oh, and "NARUTO" AI system is using another voice; maybe I can use it from Google Translate or smth to make it look like a "pure computer-synthesized voice". I hope you get the idea of this.

So, will this idea get scrapped?

Depends. Only time will answer whether I will drop this idea or not. I haven't yet voiced my open request to people in Steam Forums or anyone modding-competent in Nexus Forums. I have my own laziness to attend to, anyway, and yet, I was not so enthused in making contents; I only do when I have ambitions and interests to do so, especially this one (but you know me, I have random thoughts, and it's on my decision).

Doors closed at this point. Maybe it's not the time for Boruto and Sarada to show their willingness of helping the Sole Survivor doing whatever he/she wanted to; helping people in need, aiding settlements, doing Brotherhood quests, who knows? A100, A101, and A171P are indeed cyborgs, but they're different than typical synths (Gen 1 and Gen 2); they're robots, but they act like real people, a human (humanoid robots like Gen 1 and Gen 2 synths, but has a resemblance with Terminator movies and their skins made to be on par with standard robots; withstands anything but nuclear explosion). They have their own freedom, you see, if you have read my new fanfic story.

Alright, it's time for me to go. I might gonna post something when my birthday comes in. Besides, there's nothing special apart from ordering food I can enjoy at home and buying new Naruto/Boruto action figures if there is a new one came out in local online stores. Dunno when this darned Covid-19 pandemic is over. Last year's b-day wasn't anything special than this, anyway, beside me buying Ace Combat 7 instead of Naruto/Boruto action figure 2 years ago.

Comments