August, well-gifted with patience and mercy

So, I left this blog hanging for 2 months of inactivity and now I'm back to say something particular in mind. Let me start up with the very first thing in mind.

About RADAL

Last time I talked about him was in 2019 in this post and this one. What made me stop recommending videos from him that day was this one: someone Indonesian-dubbed this video's title with something that says rude words. I won't spell it out, but it's similar to saying "control" in English but without R in it. Checked it few days ago, well... there's nothing fancy going on. It's just a normal title.


I saw a few of his vids and it's funny af; Nikitozz was subbed to this channel too to see the wacky sh*t GTA contents here. And I never thought what I refused to watch back in 2019 was so funny that day that I can't stop laughing.

Slo Mobius

I left a comment on his last video about cinematic-showcased Missions 19 and 20 long ago, and last year I downloaded a video showcasing Lavernius Regalis' mod of HD Rage and Scream skins of AC7. Seems to me that his videos are well-crafted, similar to Machinima videos. The one that I left a comment for is here:

Now he's doing another set of videos that who knows what he will be doing. I'll give it a shot sometime to see his new videos after I subbed to him. The last video he uploaded was like, 3 months ago since this writing.


Project Helisexuality and Zaptroxix gone Indonesian



Note: If you're in a different region, translations may vary according to your region.

I'm not complaining about videos that've been translated to match the user's region (such as me who is using the Indonesian interface) (and hey, don't mind me not watching the "tryhards" get rekt by heroic fellas like Project Helisexuality or UVersusPro), but what made me complained in the end is that the "translation inaccuracy" such as this one:



Quick Google Search about "wholesome" definition from the video thumbnail shows this:


Honorable Mention: If you're Indonesian, the video title should have said "Pertarungan GTA Online yang menjadi sehat", not "Pertarungan GTA Online yang menjadi sehat whole". This can cause "healthy whole" ambiguity when re-translated using Google Translate. Go try that yourself if you're interested, depending on your region.

Idk about you, but seems to be that something's a bit off with translations. It's similar to cases like RADAL, Siam Alam (for some videos), and a few that I come across, such as ThioJoe, but at least it's still tolerable. But I feel like, someone seemed to screw up the subtitles like it was from the speech recognition program (automatically-generated English from the Subtitles menu), and Zaptroxix seemed to be on my radar for such things like this. RADAL, on the other hand, has issues with subtitle desync.


Well, at least PH isn't that bad enough.


Please note that the translations are very much specific. Cases like RADAL and Project Helisexuality are focused on GTA theme, while Zaptroxix? Idk, he seemed to have his WHOLE new videos of Ace Combat playthrough translated into various languages without paying attention to subtitles that... what he or the video says was different and doesn't add up.

Funny thing is, there's a video by Mopolo back in 2020 that the title says "Misi pertama GTA SA tetapi Anda adalah Asap Besar", which somebody mistranslated Melvin's middle name "Big Smoke" in GTA San Andreas as its literal translation of it. It shouldn't be like that when translating people's name and/or when you look it up on Google, but who knows? That made me assumed someone used Google Translate to translate the video into various languages, though I gotta be honest; would you put "Bolt Uzumaki" or "Boruto Uzumaki" when you translate a Japanese video that has that name written in Japanese? (Bolt and Volt has the same sound, BTW)


 Fun fact: that made me wonder, in Indonesian, of course, who is the guy with the "Asap Besar" name, and found much sillier than the one I showed you: people doing vaping and goddamn aircraft contrails. I'm not joking.

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

Well... reason behind of blog inactivity was because of this: Project Valkyrie. Although, there are some bugs I'd like to explain out of this one. Why I said like that?

My new 6th playthrough of Fallout 4 was completing this PV questline as well as discovering new places that are and are not linked to this questline, such as Wilkes Estate and Lima Detachment. Load time was heavy on the center of the map (Taffington Boathouse, precisely), which took me the whole 30 minutes just for the heck of it. I've been messing around with mods, installing and removing mid-through (patches don't affect much, but mods that its savegame rely on it?), and the result was more than just a slowdown or general FPS limit (around 20 to 30 seemed fine, but I have issues with typing in a journal; yes, I used this Journal mod to write stories in the game), even though it was locked in to 60 FPS; no fancy high-speed shit.

If you wanna know what happened there, I was building and attracting settlers and for some reason, something in the game memory seemed to brick, probably because of character model loading. I'm still entirely not sure what caused it, probably because I removed mods that might give a broken or leaked game memory at some point. As for technical reasons, I have no idea. I decided to give it a shot on the new 7th playthrough as Sarada Uchiha II (this is the second one I used her name, again), but this time, Imma side with The Enclave with this mod: America Rising - A Tale of The Enclave. Fuck the Brotherhood, join the Institute. At least that's what I want if I want to be on Shaun's good side. I wonder what will happen with the PV questline if I nuke the Prydwen, obliterate the Railroad, and made the Minutemen "chill tf out" from having to go to a war against the Institute, at the endgame.

Not to mention that Depravity is affecting the questline, in which companions are having a different POV on the actions as I progress further. Probably the best if I just go all the way in to the old-fashioned way, killing Kellogg in the process and seeing Virgil in The Glowing Sea (ironically, that is where the Fusion City Rising questline take place).

Also, worth mentioning, Unlimited Companion Framework doesn't go well with Dual Survivors and Sparky; I've tried it. Something's up with how UCF handles the companions. While I was A-OK with legit companions from FCR and Immersive Nora, I can't seem to be able to recruit Nate in Dual Survivors mod. Now I tried the same thing, but with LIGA of My Companions. However, seeing the issues with companions when I do the America Rising questline (they dismiss whether I arrive at the oilrig), I decided to do the AR first and then try recruiting him. The dog (Dogmeat) was not affected by this (combined with Everyone's Best Friend mod).


So, PV generally made large factions side together, but the issue at hand is, if you have progressed into the center of the questline, whether you want to make the Brotherhood of Steel to be the enemies or leave them be. However, the leftover of the quest still remains, for example, when you go back to the old Institute and went to the teleporter at the place where you teleported into the Institute, even though it was auto-failed by the PV's questline. Same goes whether you talked to Ingram and triggered a quest that should ask you to board a Vertibird docked in the Prydwen. I'm sure at that point, it can screw up the crystal-clear PV playthrough, but... who knows? You can still be able to break it, even though the main storyline was completed. But still...

This is why I decided to do the 7th, but with entirely new progress and the old-fashioned way. Besides, I have, in collection, new weapon mods I can mess around with.

My PC almost broke, but still survived

I'll just make it short on this. It's not a big deal after the problem was solved.

Few days ago, my PC started to acting up when I run the Ace Combat 7. Blank screen, no error in general. So I have to clean the insides and unplug and plug back in the GPU module carefully. Moments after that, my second hard disk was unreadable, probably because of disk failure. Unfortunately, it was not. I tried to check the SATA jack and it was fine. I even also cleaned the HDD that was connected to it; it was dusty af, but not too thick. Perhaps unplug and plug back in the GPU module should do the trick and finally it worked.

Now I tested this game for a while and suddenly the PC bluescreened (BSOD-ed) with kernel error, and it tries to save the dump file. It was stuck on a limbo and I decided to force turn off the PC. It restarted on its own and I heard 4 long beep sounds. Something was up again. So I clean it up one more time, unplug and plug back the GPU again (really? Why my GPU is such a PITA?), the PC booted up, and I tried a couple of games before trying AC7. Nothing that caused this PC to brick itself happened.

Idk, but I think this PC has seen better days, especially with RX 470 that I used long ago. I was about to call the parents for help (yeah, I spent my whole day during Covid at this apartment while my parents are accompanying my sis and her poodle dog that was named Huxley), but seeing that this problem resolved by itself, nah, I decided not to. Maybe I should tell them when the Covid is not too serious.

Final Project

I was hoping to scrub my head for once with this N-Gram method on finding readability, but... yeah, a lot of changes need to be done for my graduation, such as showing the background processes of the program I worked on with NetBeans IDE. I hope I can make it in time.

Final Remarks

Not much to say and tell about my life story. A lot of things have going on, such as an e-mail I got from Mediafire issuing a takedown of my files (my short story collection was taken down because of the use of copyrighted images, like, wut?), and Instagram for "easier log in attempt", probably someone tried to brute-force log in into my account that has a strong password. I logged into IG for a short while and saw nothing has changed. No problems on my end. But if I heard something that leaked such as the Tokopedia incident, I always take measures to increase protection, such as changing passwords or add them if it doesn't.

Well, that's all I can say up to this point. Looks like I'm home alone at this apartment, with my parents called me back and forth to check if I'm alright. I may be back for more updates for this blog, but... well, we'll see.

Comments