Siberian Dreamland, thought I might to use some classic references

Remember about the new Naruto Action Figure blog post? Apparently, I was scouring through the old files I stored in the external HDDs I have to see the old goodies I have in stock, or something that relives the good ole' days of the best childhood, before I set Naruto, Naruto: Shippuden, and Boruto: Naruto Next Generations as my mainstream anime series. While I was making the short story "Naruto and the Siberian Dreamland", what I write gives me some good impression and memories about the old anime series, particularly the movie ones that aired on TV.

Indonesian-dubbed. Detective story like Sherlock Holmes. You won't see 'em today, if you're in my beloved country Indonesia and watched the local TV channels. It was long ago, the glory days of early 20th century.



Detective Conan is the title. The intro that day was about a dedicated and adult detective being drugged by someone while he was knocked out to make him look like a kid. That's all Ik from the lore. And guess what? In a coincidence back before Covid-19 days (years prior to this post), one of the friends in the college seemed to "supply" a bunch of complete anime series from the Internet; stored in an external hard-drive or smth.

This anime series is one of the series I watched but never managed to see the end of the day (I mean, the end of the episode like Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden) at the time one TV station that exclusively airing it, Indosiar, was still showing it. This TV station was also airing some of the episodes of Naruto back in the day. Now it's the usual drama of real life situations. No cartoons or alike. Heck, I feel kinda nostalgic and being bitched about the usual TV channel that once aired all 3 of them that I mentioned previously. I mean, TBH, GTV is, if about cartoons, oriented more to SpongeBob SquarePants than any other. Talk about censorship.

So, if you ask me, why using him as a reference?




Fan fiction is about anything that can happen anywhere, any kind, in related topics of a kind. "Naruto and the Siberian Dreamland" is about solving a crime case for the FBI, helping a man named Matt Wilkinson. The regional boss was looking for one name that related to the past (i.e. where I'm using the old but wacky short stories I created in the past for references) and Naruto's past will be a good start to search for clues. It's like how Conan do, by theoretical means.

To add about this old but classy anime series, I was particularly interested about two movies that aired on TV once. One is about a building with a timebomb and they do the Fast & Furious style using a car and jumped from building to building, and one other is about something that is close to Executive Decision and Air Force One back in the elementary school days (great movies!). Why I'd say so?

Olden times, creating this story, and while I was bored in the midst of the work made me reminded about the past, where this particular TV channel aired something special that made me waste an hour or a bit more on it. I was searching for the correct titles of them, because, TBH, there are 18 movies of this anime series, far more than Naruto series movies (which are only 8, with the last one being linked to Boruto: Naruto Next Generations). I also watched the 16th of it, but it was incomplete; probably corrupted video where one third of the fragment at the end of the file was missing.

Call me crazy, but what makes me reminded about the first movie of it was where Conan was thrown a few hundred meters until he slammed on a tree, rendered him unconscious with a brain concussion, when the bomb exploded. It's even why I made all sorts of weird imaginations about someone being slammed on something with one's head and/or back being hit first, but not too fatal, until I managed to get my fan fiction short stories straight, organized, and not wacky (and also bilingual!) like in the past.


The other movie is about him flying an airplane with one other like it does in Turbulence series of films (I think there are 3 of them, first pic below is just a teaser from Air Force One movie).




Ah... feels good to be home. It's like I'm watching 19th century cartoons. Today, graphics are more enhanced like how AAA games do. And old-school anime series like this... never gets old. Goes me back in time to remember what I was watching apart from the usual Dora the Explorer series that made me go wild enough. And also, from a wacky story I made in the past... another cartoon series about animal/wildlife, if I wasn't typo-ing, The Wild Thornberrys or something close to it (not Diego, the Animal Rescue or something close to it). And I remembered that those were Indonesian-dubbed; you know, when there are cartoons that are meant for kids and they can't speak English/Japanese well or don't have an ability to speak English or Japanese... I wonder how're the voice actors' life going in this "unending" pandemic days. Besides, there'll be another story to tell if it's about Doraemon, and I used a few of that anime series references to describe Android 100 (because Boruto has a signature cat mustache like Naruto - 2 stripes that etched on both of his cheeks instead of 3 like Naruto).

It's more than likely that my English is improving big time, in a writing session in front of the computer (typing), than writing on a book (I suck at a method of writing in cursive letters, makes people think he or she is reading doctor's handwriting), since... you know, Covid-19 days in 2020 until this day? Now, I mostly pour my time writing (typing) or making a thesis on a computer, rather than attending at a class and taking notes on something that isn't dictated whatsoever on a book. That was the good ole' days.

Also, along with that, modding has been taken on a next level, with some level of my "personal absurdity". If you don't know what I mean, check out my mod releases.


TL;DR, I'm discussing about the sneak peeks of my short story I'm working on (and also discussing some of my past) while I was receiving a new task to revise the journal paper to be formatted in the campus' way. Nuff said. I'm betting my own Boruto fanfic story will be merrier if I can manage to remember more about my past time.

Well then, time to get back to it, I guess. The clock is ticking; I have at least 60 days before the New Year and I want this thesis wrapped up.

Comments