l10n directory in FC2

Something that really I don't get it, though. Microsoft don't have recognition about that *.mo extension inside the "l10n/<<language_code>>/LC_MESSAGES" directory, so Google Search is quite lucky to find this shit.

Based from this source, only 5 known associations use the *.mo extension:
  • Dymola Simulation (never heard of it)
  • exported file from GNU Gettext application (this is where ED designs the translation source, from EN to RU and vice versa, as well as other output languages)
  • Message Catalog Binary File
  • Modula-3 Object File
  • Unknown Apple II File ((found on Golden Orchard Apple II CD Rom)) 
 The bold one is what it is used on DCS-based games. The tutorial is included there and it is like programming an output text to show a transliteration (translation). This is far beyond my league because (currently) only Pascal and Java are mastered, but if I can learn it, it took a month or more to get it right. I guess from the syntax it is given on the PDF file, it's a command-line-based application (hell, it's also available for Linux, for Ubuntu and RedHat9 - shit, should I mention Fedora too?).

I'd better leave it to someone who can tamper with new texts that I'm using in my TC mod. I'd stick to modeling and light-scripting instead. 

Comments