The last of the Holiday Week, Mo Problems

Yep, I'm having a lotta problems right now. My grandma's hospitalized and went coma for... almost a month. Me and my computer. I had to delay the work on Construct 2 project (again) as I had to fill my shit with unproductive hobby of mine. I shoulda want to be an online gamer instead of doing gaming and game modding hobby and publishing mods. If I had to, I'd choose the one with a shooter genre, no matter any other genres are contained. Yeah, this is the truth I'm having. Besides that, I still lack on resources, but got an idea for the next Google Search keyword.

I'll put aside to that and lemme tell ya about the situation I'm having now.

You see, DK22Pac posted a screenshot of his Radio HUD mod and was showing off the map of GTA IV, of which it was actually running on San Andreas platform. Another mod like custom trailers (stairs trailer and things like that in IV) was posted as well, in a map that it wasn't normal for GTA San Andreas.

And this is where it started. Google Search found a hit on one I'm looking for, but I'm not certain that this is IV Map Mod for SA (lucky hit on ModDB page). Another hit was a forums page, an old one since 9 years ago, saying that there was an image file that was corrupted and asking help. Yet, I'm in for a big problem of mods since I got a GTA Konoha disc from a retailer, like... when my mom's in a college for the magister program. It's my usual shit of installing, uninstalling, and reinstalling since I got Flame's Seasonal Packs (Spring Season, Endless Summer, Autumn Sunshine, and Winter Vacation) along with other things that come in (VCS PC Edition Beta 3 "Blue Hesper" - discountinued project, Snow Andreas 3.8 - the one and only in Softpedia, Flame's HRT 1.3 mod, etc.).

Also, in one occasion, MKKJ mentioned one unfamiliar mod in his Advanced Track Player mod, the GTA IV HUD mod, of which this is not done by Alex (Alexander Blade - it was made back in 2008, 10 years ago), but another user "_AG" on GTAForums. In short, this is the latest one compared to the Alex's one that was made 10 years ago, for waiting the release of IV that day.

_AG's IV HUD system was grabbed differently compared to Alex's one, which Flame reported that it sometimes crash the game (?). The HUD also features advanced mechanism for HUD colors, similar to GTA IV and GTA EFLC (both TLAD and TBoGT), of which Alex's version doesn't have. The settings also have even more than Alex's, which you can use and abuse how you like, without the need to adjust the settings to turn off mod credits and checking the EXE version (currently it works on version 1.0 only - all cracks, even the original one, supported). This is, at least, something to worth try in my collection list, with DYOM (repeating the same missions can be boring, but how else can I satisfy my boreness?).

I'll go in for a try to see if I can replace the obsolete IV HUD specialized for Endless Summer mod with _AG's one. If it's good like in SS, I'll give it good ratings. Link

I'm really not yet in a mood for downloading more mods (since DYOM was less likely in GTAInside, but not in dyom.gtagames.nl), but there's these three in mind: latest ImVehFt version, DK22Pac's V HUD, and DK22Pac's IV Target System.

Last I know, IVTS (IV Target(ing) System) or TSIV (Target(ing) System IV) was contained in an old Italian mod that simulates GTA IV's Rocket Launcher, but I'll see if I can grab differently than what it's used to be. Also I found a rare occasion that there's two modders on GTAInside published a mod that simulates IV pickup, but eventually crashed the game since it tried to load an audio file that doesn't exist. I had to do a fix by changing audio to SA-styled, but the audio sounds are similar to picking up an oyster or a horseshoe. Looks awkward, but if I don't have references on audio numbers, I'll end up having the mod published with the pickup sound similar to picking up an oyster or a horseshoe.

ImVehFt isn't something new; last version was the May 21st, 2014, and no more updates. It once crashed the game in one occasion, so I quit using ImVehFt (idk when). Today, or tomorrow, I'm in for a second try.

The V HUD is something not too extraordinary. I'd played GTA V quite longer since I care less for SA mods and focus only on V mods. I'd like to bring in the nostalgics of a high-end game to the low game when I have to. I'm using new PC that supports DX11, of which I play games like NS:UNS4 and Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 when I have to take a break from modding. In fact, I'd choose to not install it on SA until I played GTA V first - my general terms of a noob offline player. Now with the new update (Doomsday Heist) ensue, I'd go back to the old-school modding.

I'm still tracking this one Indonesian language mod for IV and good to see if it's compatible for IV 1.0.7.0. I haven't yet tried to have a chat on comments section to see if he can do the same for EFLC, and (maybe) LCPDFR. Wondering if he doesn't have EFLC. However, this is my general concern: most of the script mods are English, if there are pure Indonesians who can't speak English, how they can address error messages or messages came out from the mod, while the main text being Indo?

Actually, fuck it. People can learn English; at least understand the basics. Mine still have some mistakes with grammars; not a big deal though. The mod is still WIP and I was hoping for a complete version so I can enjoy it with the Windows 10 in Bahasa Indonesia.

Okay, I'm out. Had to keep an eye out of the house since it was empty, so, have a nice day, readers.

Comments