VCS Beta 3: The 3 years dead stop

2018, something new, with many fresh ways to think.

Anyway, I'll let you know why I'm sayin' this.

I've been pulling out some parts I need for the ongoing Construct 2 game project and debugging the NooseMod to find out what went wrong lately on my code designing. While I do my part of that I fired up GTAGarage website for some new mods I need, either for modded GTA:SA and GTA Underground. OTW I stumbled across one unparticular mission pack made by darthblack66 which led me to ModDB page of the beta version of PS2-styled Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories on PC. I opened up the main page before going for download (from "Related Articles" or something like that, on the right hand side when you scroll down). I found out that it has the same fate as many of the popular TC mods at hand (let's say Left 4 Theft: San Andreas mod or San Andreas 98 story): project was stopped since 2015, last release was Beta 3 on 2013, which is a mod from 5 years ago and stopped since 3 years ago. However, the death of this project was completely mentioned (not so with the L4T): it was lacking on funds since a kind of lousy report on PayPal (which means no more donations, account was closed, adios), and a developer was dropped out from the modding scene. Well, instead of doing my shit on PS2 (since the CD reader was busted on the small console and a CD slider was broken on the big console), I'd enjoy the nostalgia on the mod provided, although it's pretty much dead like L4T on the same website I visited.

I'd like to tell ya that this mod and this one has lured me in to the nostalgia on VCS, in which I did played it since... idk, maybe 10 years ago or longer. Still, I love to bring back the retro style into the modern era. As far as I do now, I started to remember the dialogues of speeches in one kind of movies, but now it faded in and out as I write. Come to think of it, the dialogues are from the movies Bruce the Almighty and Evan the Almighty. Might try to locate the download if there is one.

Another title I want to find out was The Ugly Truth; frankly was recorded from my old phone camera when an ad rolls in on TV, advertising the ongoing movie on the cinema and also another shitty ad that says "ketik REG spasi blahblahblah kirim ke 8999" ("type REG space blahblahblah send to 8999"). There was a funny moment when a woman and a man talk on phone while their hands blocking each other; another was when a woman kicks the man's leg and screamed on pain (but not loudly); and also the "bra" thing, with the man said, "this, is a bra" that sort of thing. If it was advertised on TV like many popular movies (only recent ones are combined with company's ad like Teh Gelas and Justice League, like last November and December 2017) then there are downloads to it; guaranteed to say since I did "dangerous" internet action - using torrents - long time ago.

I also found out a surprising release that recently done on JernejL's TXD Workshop app when I first browsing SA mods on GTAGarage. It's off-topic, but I never thought I'd see the day. With the ongoing GTA Underground, this tool should come in handy when it comes to TXD import/export thing.

Once I'm done in GTAGarage I'll open up GTAInside to see if any new mods comes up. Usually SA and V mods are much more popular than IV, III and VC mods, but right now, I'll focus on SA since IV was only new cars. Once I visited a language pack mod that translated to Indonesian, but unfortunately was intended for IV version 1.0.4.0, and no EFLC (no TLAD, no TBoGT). I'll consider a proposal on downloading it soon and see if I can bypass the version to make it compatible with 1.0.7.0. Geez, I can't believe some people still plays 1.0.4.0 even though the latest version was already up. What will happen to them if it comes to EFLC? Stick it to 1.1.1.0 (have to use SDFA Dumper tool by Alexander Blade like what I did long ago)?

And then, off I go. Have to look for more resources I need. Still figuring out the correct keyword in Google, though.

Comments