The PS1 Harrier Videogame

Being an Ace Combat fan is one other story to tell, even for me.

At least from few weeks, maybe months, from now, I've been imagining things of the past when I have a PS1. GTA V mods, DCS: World module, things that linked to the games I played in PS1. A DLC for DCS: World, DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, and one GTA V mod by SkylineGTRFreak are being one of the examples I encounter. The DLC itself costed near a million Rupiahs.

Forgot the title of the game, frankly, but with that enough information, quick Google Search pinpointed me to a game title that linked to them: Eagle One: Harrier Attack. It sounds old-school, but that's at least I can remember when I remember myself few months ago I played GTA V with AV-8B mod installed - the HD ones, not to mention the one by fantazer_rnd.

This is the only game that continuously flies in Harrier than player can select any plane specific for a mission like in Ace Combat 2 or 3: Electrosphere, although I had to say, only Ace Combat: Assault Horizon has this plane can be selected in either Free Mode or Multiplayer (Capital Conquest/Domination/Deathmatch). Despite being popular for V/STOL capabilities, other than Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, no other Ace Combat series have this plane, and if there's one, it's an NPC plane and cannot be selected (for example, Ace Combat 5, Zero: The Belkan War, and 6: Fires of Liberation). Other than that is a mod or the DLC for DCS: World, which I mentioned earlier.


I remember few things when it comes to this game. I managed to last until the final mission which I can't be able to figure it out. It always ran out of time whenever I looked somewhere and BOOM! Game over in a nuke explosion. This is one of the difficulty I had to take in, and since I can't find or figure it out, I had to drop it and can't remember anything about it ever since. Last thing I remember was getting fails of photo-reconnaissance in Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War because I can't understand English that time and all 10 shots wasted without even knowing what's next.

Awkward, you know, that in this game landing can only be done in hover mode. Also, the bomb mechanics are not like the modern game ones, or at least what it can explain from Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere experience (free mission mode, selectable "Spread Bomb" weapon, or a mission that uses the Anti-Nano bomb). B-52 flies like... what, a UH-60 speed? It's reasonable to say that the plane's need more shots to bring down a single B-52.

Say, there's a mission that required you to fly an F-16 and had to bomb ground targets with either MG or bomb and back in the day bombs are difficult to drop precisely on target. It's not like the today's flight simulators, if I had to recall.

Today's the IoT era, to be exact. Tips and Tricks for this last mission in Eagle One: Harrier Attack can be found in Google, if there's one.

I'm eager to play again this game and wait for the purchase of AC7 on my birthday date. So to say, my report needs to be wrapped up first and think for a good title for my Final Project.


One other thing of this recall is that I bought a Harrier and Humvee diecast model... on my last birthday, when I wanted to get more Naruto action figure models. Few days (maybe weeks) after getting them, Naruto the 7th and Boruto action figures are my last collection for my birthday gift, arrived at my home after my bro volunteered to purchase one on Tokopedia. So to say, it's at least one of my unforgettable experience I had to take in since the debut of Boruto: Naruto Next Generations out there in the web and Japan.


Maybe the non-fan of the Ace Combat will treat differently of this game. What about you?

Comments