Raining, No Internet, Looking for Alternatives

Today's raining outside during the way to the 2019 New Year's Eve.

I have two unpleasant stories I'd like to tell, and I'd like to tell in continuous.


My sister was complaining two days straight about the TV cable and WiFi billing. The billing she received said that there was an increase in price without user's prior consent. 800k Rupiahs per month. It happened tomorrow after Christmas. Oh and BTW, Merry Christmas for Christian people!

This, of course, made my family wonder WTF was going on with the provider we used. Earlier month (one or two), the provider was about to go bankrupt or something after they can't pay the tower frequency tax or some sh*t like that to the government, but following the next day, they're willing to pay the government piece by piece.

To draw up our conclusion, my sister talked to my father and has decided to postpone the use of the TV cable and WiFi provider while waiting for the workers from that provider to pick those equipments up. We decided to stop the use of that provider and switched over to the alternatives for either internet surfing, downloading files, or online gaming. So to say, today's no WiFi so I decided to switch over to the WiFi modem for about two weeks from now on, the usual Smartfren modem I used when I go schooling at the campus.


My sister suggested me for "MyRepublic" that her boyfriend and a friend of mine in Steam, Roftr, used. Both her and I thought that it's worth a shot. I tried to pick the cheapest one available but I stuck on choosing the correct location. The location I live is near Bandung, or what should I say, in Bandung Regency (Kabupaten Bandung in Indonesian), at a residential complex called Bukit Mekar Indah in Cileunyi - postal code 40622.

It's unfortunate to say that the outer city regions are not available, and by phone is the only way to make sure. However, I'm not really used in phoning other people for something in common; I'm real shy to the strangers, you know. I only talk when I need to, and not get used to be involved in the crowds even though it can help me socialize. Hell, I can do 70 days at home without ever going to the mall like the GTV that aired "Penghuni Rumah Terakhir" ("Last Home Residents" or something like that) every midnight from Monday to Thursday, but one that differs is that only just me, my PC, and my grandpa, chatting with friends in Steam and play video games. No drama. No anger. Peace and calm.

Still, I have to, even though I'm running a risk of can't talk properly. I'm real good in reading and writing, but not good enough in speaking. My English and Indonesian is good, but I have a stuttering talk when talking to people, not when I talk to myself, imagining something in particular. Now I found out it's less often to do, but I tend to do that before sleeping.


Pricing at the moment is unknown until I can get some info on them about where I live. Her boyfriend claimed no price changing so far, so... why don't we try? If they can't, we can look up for something else.

It's about time, eh?

Comments