Good ole' James Bond games

 Pretty sure I did played these long ago, when I still have PS2. (PS1 is... well, the emulator itself has no game index file) Let's start up with the first one.

From Russia With Love

No questions asked on this one. This game is the one I still have the disc. I can hardly remember what was the last thing I do in this game. Today, FRWL means something, even for a classic James Bond game that... I don't even remember when was the last time I start to understand English that day. I still have memories of it when I was at junior high or something. No idea.

Everything or Nothing

Last time I play this game, it was nothing more than unlocking in-game cheat codes by earning Platinum medals on every mission that has Gold medal (and you have to start the mission in 00 Agent difficulty, which is a pain in the ass at the next mission). That moment is when I figured out that weapon efficiency and weapon accuracy is a determining factor whether you get Gold or Bronze medal. Back then, when I still sucked at English, I have no idea what those are supposed for. That means it's either being a conservationist and a sharpshooter, or being a noob who likes to "spray and pray", hoping that your enemy drops dead.

Apparently, Everything or Nothing and Nightfire are applying this tactic, so to gain better results by being a conservationist and a sharpshooter. The protagonist in James Bond movies is always a conservationist and a sharpshooter. Not gonna lie.

Nightfire

Pretty much a very long time ago (forgot when) I played this, and I remembered that my English still sucks when I play this. I guess... that day I played in Operative difficulty.

Nightfire is perhaps, a game from my bro's friend long ago or something. Idk where the disc went; I'm pretty sure it was from my bro's friend. Damn, forgot who that guy's name. Likewise, this game is what I cherish on my childhood, maybe... 2010 or something? I remembered that I asked my dad and my mom to buy a PS2 disc named 007 - Nightfire when they were going out, and guess what? They bought 007 - Everything or Nothing instead. I never asked why, but that's what makes Everything or Nothing is in the list, along with this one.

Goldeneye - Rogue Agent (?)

This one is what caught my eye (as well as Nightfire). That is the title I found when I browse games related to 007 or James Bond in PCSX2's game index file. If I remember correctly just by the title, there's a weapon where if you get hit, you will disappear in an instant, and if the enemy gets hit, he/she will disappear. I believe it's on the last mission, with the weapon name being OMEN XR, if I'm not mistaken.

The first mission was where you will hit radar dish, I believe.

The shot I got when I browse Google Images in 2018

I'm not sure if Goldeneye - Rogue Agent is what I can describe from the picture above; if it does, well, I'll be damned. My childhood days playing PS2 is revived like you haven't see another day of shitposting shit that you don't even want to, or just want to generally waste your time remembering past times.

I believe this is another game that's from my bro's friend. I'll be honest; I didn't find any disc bearing that title. But I'm sure Goldeneye - Rogue Agent is something. I'll wait for the next post.


To conclude, I'm sure Boruto will be satisfied with this James Bond to be in a part of their life. Not gonna lie. My fanfic story is now involving government agencies quite often, and not just military in general. These games are what I'm getting crazed on when I was young. Back when I still play Nicktoons UNITE! game, I decided to set my own achievement based on my minds. Like, unlocking x set will unlock y set in z game. And either From Russia with Love, Everything or Nothing, Ace Combat 04, Ace Combat 5, Ace Combat Zero, or all of them, have my own achievement set based on how I do in Nicktoons UNITE! game or one of them. I was quite crazed with Jimmy Neutron before making Naruto Uzumaki and Boruto Uzumaki my lifetime favorite character in anime series. Tell you what, I'm not even surprised of myself that JN (an abbreviation of Jimmy's name) seems to be a thing for quite some time that day. It's not just an acquaintance, let me tell you. It's an antic.

 There's another game that I also remembered. I believe it's called... Timesplitter? I'm not sure. Goldeneye, Nightfire, and Timesplitter games are from my bro's friend, and that was YEARS ago, long before I dived into PC gaming.

Well, it's time for me to test this Goldeneye game (not Goldeneye 64 like what the speedruners play - Karl Jobst used to be one of them) in an emulator. Brings me back the good ole' days.

Comments