Olymp Trade, Remembering old PS2 games, Ads on YouTube, Issues about Ace Combat's "new DLC", and PayPal

Let me discuss this one by one.

Olymp Trade

So I wanted to use this app to have a try and see if it works, but considering the Covid-19 seem to have no sign of ending, of which I stuck here in my apartment for... what, forever?
This app seems to be bitching out on me whenever I tried to, and when I open up the browser to go to its homepage, boom; Request Timeout error. I used Wi-Fi and for some reason, I can't even access it, even on my PC that's connected with the Wi-Fi router via LAN cable.



I can say that most likely it's the ISP issue (since it says Lookup error on the browser's address - yes I have Geotool for Firefox addon installed - I clicked on it and it shows up just fine); I saw the reviews on Google Play and they seem pretty adequate, 4 out of 5 stars. I myself gave the app's rating 3 stars because of this.

Not that I'm saying that IndiHome sucks ass, if at least this website is red-flagged for "Internet Positif" (a somewhat government-issued blocking method for blocked websites), it should show up right in front of the page. Not gonna lie. I've seen cases like Samehadaku banned by "Internet Positif" in about 3 to 4 domains as of today, similar to how I want to access Reddit works, but not mentioned by the government what websites should be regarded as "the one that threatens the national security" or "the one that risks the people's information or used as a phishing". Reddit, as far as I know, banned by Indonesian gov't for its sexual content. Don't ask me. And bypassing that "blockade" is to use no other than VPN or IP proxying (not a really tech savvy, but I think this means IP address bypassing or some sort).

Most likely, trading with Olymp Trade require me to use VPN all the time, because this is the issue on an ISP level, not mine. Besides, this app is the one that most frequently popped up on YouTube ads right now, for some unknown reasons. I have a story before that, before this frequent ad, there's a story about a woman who can buy Mercedes car only by trading sh*t from Olymp Trade. Not that I want to accept this kind of bullsh*t, but spreading ad from fake newsletter isn't something that's worth my while. You can't even add comments in there. What a waste.

Old PS2 Games I suddenly get my attention on

The PS2 emulator's game info file attracted me in trying out some of the old-fashioned games I once played. A James Bond game that used as a speedrun, and Medal of Honor games that... holy crap, I can't even remember when was the last time I played two of them (Medal of Honor - Rising Sun and Medal of Honor - European Assault). There are two Ace Combat games that titled differently than it was supposed to; I thought that either two of them can let you play as Yuktobania, but apparently, they were not. I can still remember perfectly what my friend once said to me (god, I forgot the name of that friend), saying that you can fly a MiG-23 as opposed in H.A.W.X. 2 or some sort. A forum regular (and apparently one of the Kingdom of the Skies Discord moderator) says that those two are technically Ace Combat 04 and Ace Combat 5 titled differently for European version. "Distant Thunder" is Ace Combat 04, while "Squadron Leader" is Ace Combat 5. Zero is just Zero (I mean, wut?).

Kind of a great nostalgia, but also... Idk how to explain this in words. Just... holy sh*t.

YouTube ads

Games, games, and games. Everything seem to be endless, even though if you disabled the preferences to participate into the ads based on your interest. Apparently the ROK (Rise of Kingdoms) and SOS (State of Survival) are still there, but what's more worrisome is that there's this game called GOT: Winter is Coming M (why not Game of Thrones instead of GOT? Indonesians will thought it as a drainage at the side of the road) and I saw them in a format similar to other ads you frequently see. However, there's this ad that seemingly looked like a reaction video (sort of). I mean, WTF? A woman with veil is there and reacting with the goddamn gameplay video that's seemingly uses the English UI. Idk what went wrong with ads these days, but I'd say that... ugh... I hate YouTube game ads.

Even though PUBG Mobile is better (but I still don't play it), these ads... duh, like... is there NOTHING else you can do, ad? I would like to apply the goddamn AdBlock on my phone but... some says that there'll be consequences when you use it while logged in to your Google account.

One Punch Man: The Strongest (OPM) is (I think) the most sane of all ads, but I still hate it and, nah, I don't want to play it and don't want to watch OPM. Really, it's the first time I hear that OPM series have a game, and the first to hear about OPM.

My alt account was used to see how the GOT: Winter is Coming M game looks like, but it seems that it's almost like Rise of Empires game format. I don't even want to know why Indonesians watch that Game of Thrones series with some folks saying that spoilers are ALL OVER the place. AND, it's also made into a game too. Holy crap.

Idol Party is another story, though. The game seemingly looked like Guitar Hero on PS2, but other ads displaying this shows about a wedding ceremony like Audition Ayodance that my sis played.


The other ads are pretty much infrequent as of now. Battle Gunship, showed under the vid. Rise of Empires, either rare or gone. Dragon Raja, gone. Idle Legends, rare. One other game that allows you to drive a ship like in Naval Ops: Commander? Gone. Social medias like MiChat? Infrequent (it's goddamn frequent at the beginning of the year). Once there was an ad popping out of nowhere like Rick and Morty game and one Naruto game (welp, not Naruto X Boruto or Naruto Slugfest) and now... nothing. Even ads are written in Thai. Like, WTF? Two instances: SOS and this new game, Marvel Duel (card game). Are these games are from Thailand or smth? This is even abnormal for ads to show up in a language you can't even understand, except if you're Thai users or those who understand Thai language. I'm quite lazy to use Google to simply search what company that made them and where it's based from.

ROK is fine as it is, as it shows two or more Indonesian artists playing this game in what Combat Wombat says as "boring and repetitive". Say, Uya Kuya, Jess No Limit, and a guy with his GF named Alingga Putra (dunno if I spelled it right), are playing this and showed in the ads as a full gameplay. However, still... YouTube ads are what I hate of, especially games and Indian/Turkish/whatever music that are the most hateful things an ad has. Why not Avenged Sevenfold or some Japanese music that's one theme with Naruto/Boruto?

Ace Combat 7's "new DLC"



There are rumors saying about AC7's new DLC and saying that PA and Bandai Namco are working on them. I'll make this short. Idk if this is true or not, but only time will answer right now, considering that Covid-19 pandemic is not yet over. I'd like to say that this can go on forever until the vaccines are built to counter the virus that researchers scientifically said as SARS CoV-2. So...

If they do, I want to see CFA-44 "Nosferatu" in the DLC list. This Estovakian plane kicks ass with its ADMM payload, and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too OP in both AC6 and AC:AH.

Changing my name for PayPal money transfer

In a most likely said about my third time being scammed, I want to get my money I topped up to PayPal to be back to my bank account, but it required some details I have to put into. Well, I risked my neck and limb in secret to do that since it requires correct name of the bank account holder, or else the the transfer will be aborted and money stays intact with about 16k fee used to transfer.

If using my full name can't even work, well I have to redo the name change again to be similar with the bank account holder's name I used. Mom's really worried about "why the amount I sent to PayPal is regarded as 'money is lost because of scam'" but technically, it's a worldwide payment gateway and also used as "donations" in a form of payment method.

I have to say, it's quite complicated to say that PayPal is something that take the account holder's responsibility seriously. Even changing your account name requires your personal information; unless you want to risk for getting your money back to your bank account, I'd say this is even worth a try to risk your limb and neck for those information that shouldn't be shared to the strangers on the Internet.


Conclusion

So much for the rich life, but let me make this short: I'm still happy with my life, even without money. All I need is to get graduated and get a job.

I still have that conservationist minds set, but in a different way. I wish I can bring back the use of "money container" (celengan in Indonesian, Idk how to say this in English) to store my money, but yeah... this is 21st century. Internet of Things (IoT) and Internet of Everything (IoE) is a thing. Everything will sooner or later be paperless. Story of my life.

Comments