The biggest issue with Naruto/Boruto-based videos on YouTube

I've been less likely interacting with this blog since few days back, and I was so lazy to upload some mods, including the Boruto Ped Mod Project for people to have fun with it and come to me to ask dev models, at least until I can get in touch with Darwin VS or so, but get this. I'm not talking about quirky game ads that popped up constantly in my beloved country, Indonesia, as opposed to Combat Wombat's video (yeah, I've seen State of Survival and Rise of Kingdoms pretty much frequent as of now, but I do notice new anime game that's gonna get popular, ONE PUNCH MAN: The Strongest - not the type I do want to watch OPM, but that's kinda new, and the first to hear too), but I'm talking about one of the shittiest things the channels have to offer.




Copyright infringement is always a thing, especially when you upload "snapshots" of any cartoon videos (anime also counts as a cartoon), and "developers" (as in, those who create videos, not videogames) do take attention to them. YouTube channels I found posting Naruto/Boruto videos got away clean from copyright strike (or delimitation if there's any copyrighted material but didn't issue a strike, so specific or whole countries can't watch) because they either privatize or delete them. One instance is from 09m_ANIME AMV channel (oh no). The channel made its videos private after... what? A year? Other channels have deleted the video, so... I no longer have access to the channel name (the channel who uploads such video). I mean, seriously, having scenes of them to pop up on YouTube can deficit the makers/developers who made them. Ik the risks, but at least there's a way to avoid them.

Look, I don't mean insulting, but Ik what it means behind privatizing or deleting the videos. Every piece of frame you took from other videos, as in, from movies or cartoon videos, they are protected under copyright. Downfall parodies that's made either by HRP (Hitler Rants Parodies) or other channels uploading them are also protected by copyright, but they look fine as it is. Even the "dev", Constantin Films, doesn't do anything with those parodies laying around in YouTube. Trust me, I've seen once about a parody where "Ganyang Malaysia" was popular few years ago, and twice I've seen it in Hitler version, as in, from Downfall. Also, PSY's Oppa Gangnam Style song was also being made in Hitler version, of which I used it in Gangnam Style Remix 2013 video I made since I start this channel. Funny thing is, the song is copyrighted, but the video content does not. The only thing my video was worldwide-banned was when I upload the Gentleman remix video, which contains some scenes from Naruto: Shippuden. No one would ever watch it, so I deleted it; who cares, though? Well, the only way to get away clean is to remove sounds of "CV" (character's voice, maybe?) from the video that has copyrighted material, which deemed to be too sensitive to be uploaded on YouTube. This worked well with trailers I made weeks ago, depicting ongoing Boruto series, but mimicking a trailer that Bandai Namco has released/uploaded on YouTube.

These videos I made will show you how I get away with the copyright strike. Look, it's not even foolproof in YouTube; there will be no exception that someday, I will get a strike from the videos I made. Ace Combat Fan's YT channel has two strikes and what else could go wrong? Because of fusing Ace Combat with Downfall parody, he got strikes. Literally, if you play your cards right, every video you made is clean from copyright strikes, or at least something that breaks their ToS and Privacy Policy; they're there for a reason.



















Fun fact: Theories of Naruto/Boruto isn't a bannable offense. Besides, they're discussing theories, after all, but it doesn't mean you can get away clean from strikes.

Comments