Scavenged some stuffs I found on my bro's laptop

 Back when I accompanied my sis at Cileunyi, get this. I managed to scavenge some stuffs I found on my bro's laptop, the old one that still uses Windows XP. There are photos and some old games I found, not to mention Red Alert 2 that requires you to have a CD inserted all the time. I wonder if those can be made anime or cartoon as in... some of the profile pics I found in my life are based in real life, but animated or "cartoonized", as some people says these days.


Especially this one. This is the money shot because of the school rules back in the day of senior high school. "Sports uniform in a school uniform", I'd say, whereas the school rules stated "no outfit stacks". I believe this was taken with my bro's Nokia cellphone, maybe at a mall somewhere at Soekarno-Hatta bypass in Bandung. Metro Trade Center, I believe it is called. It's been a long time since I never visited that place for maybe 9, 10 years since this photo was taken.


And this is me 12 years ago, holding my first cellphone that hasn't been changed for about 4 to 6 years: the Sony-Ericsson K660i. Kinda makes sense that Sony-Ericsson vendor is no more at this year, but I believe that name was used a merger between the Ericsson company that produces mobile phones of the classic days, and Sony that, from what I know that day, produces game consoles. God, my teeth is crazily awkward.


And here is me and my brother the other day, at KFC, I suppose. See, this is where my dinner is sometimes crazy. You'll never know how much calories I consume every day in my life until my dad said, "you're fat. Eat less."

Guess what? One day I can't get hold of myself since the day that I want to eat every food in this world. No, not in mukbang version since my stomach can't handle even more than 2 portions of food, but every time I go to someplace to eat, I was quite nitpicky to select which food that is cheap and has no cow meat in it. This is where you conservationist mind was put to test, since I'm a type who likes to save money than spending them. Who knows when I'll be buying new Naruto/Boruto action figures in this world? Amazon seems to be bitching on me since I put the correct card details, but they rejected it and blocked access with no option to contact the Customer Service. Sad. 😔


Beside the photos of me that my bro captured, I found some old classic games that either my bro or I played. Passport to Europe, Doggie Dash, and Farm Frenzy are the ones my bro once played, but get this. I didn't find that old Alien Shooter game, but I found two Neighbors from the Hell games; one is working, the second does not (probably something with the executable file swapped from the first one, so the bitching error message that popped up when I run it seems to be that the executable is loading a different DLL structure). The other is Warcraft 3 that its gameplay is similar to DoTA 2 on Steam, but it has a wide array of maps that you can use. Crazy.

Why I said so? I've dug through the game files, especially the maps that... you can say that Warcraft 3 has "user-generated contents" that made to be run specifically on Warcraft 3 engine, and it's not just DoTA map itself that can run it. I saw my bro playing DoTA maps back in the school days, and that gameplay is similar to DoTA 2 and the old one Red Alert 3: Uprising when playing the Yuriko campaign. Maps that Warcraft 3 can load are somewhat crazy, if you put aside that DoTA perspective, especially if you are a DoTA 2 player (I'm not, sadly).

There are maps that (in *.w3x extension) has Naruto theme on it (and other anime series as well, like Pokémon). I'd say, "WTF with these user-generated contents here in Warcraft 3?" Seems to me that not only I that wanted to have some games applied in Naruto theme, but back then, there are some people who made it. And now, the question comes up. Internet that day was slow as f*** in my country that day; where did my bro get it?

Out of curiosity, I may as well gonna try it one day, if Windows 10 is not bitching about compatibility issues. Yeah, that game was running perfectly on Windows XP, so idk if it can run on Windows 10 (this runs perfectly in any Windows OS, even Windows 10). Might as well consider the state of those Neighbors from Hell games rn, and see if I can get the second one on the Internet.


Not sure if this is the first time I scavenged my bro's laptop to find some interesting old files; I sure do have some of these stored on my external hard drives, so why not? The only thing I'm so curious about is, how does that EXE from the second Neighbors from Hell game get swapped with the first one and caused the awkward error message telling that there is an invalid command procedure at a loaded DLL file? By that reason, this is why I need to look up the second NfH game on the Internet, and see if there're fresh copies of it, and with crack, if possible (if the game is DRM-protected).

Well, this is what the Informatics Engineering is for, understanding how programs (executables) work and how to analyze them. Apparently I got benefits of learning a two from it at the college, long before Covid-19 pandemic like this that... who knows when this will end?


Update: Apparently one Indonesian blog provides a fresh copy of the good-old game I've been looking for, and it's uploaded to 4-shared, the once file-hosting service I used when I was in the world of GTA IV modding. It's a bit finicky, let me tell you; you need to sign in or register if you don't have an account for it. Since I'm an old user, signing in is very simple. And check this; I'm not sure the legitimacy of it, but AVG doesn't track anything suspicious or otherwise harming the computer (like the cases of PUBG Ransomware), and the game runs smoothly even on a high-end computer. It's indeed an obsolete software made in 2004, and AV detection/signatures were not as many as today.

If you want to, this blog site is where you go (you can check its blog archive on the right). Have fun!

Comments