Update on "Spare Parts" post

 

It's been a few days since I put my beloved Boruto action figure that designed like a Barbie doll back into the box, and guess what? I have good news and bad news.

The good news is, I have a chat with the storekeeper who sold this online and even though the storekeeper said that it ran out of stock, it will eventually restock, but on the next month. Dunno when, but I'll be waiting. Besides, I have a lot of things to do when the Final Project title is approved. It's about research and I have no idea what, but then again, something can be used to research, even if it's in correlation with gaming. Like... for whatever reasons, my habitual issues can be used as a research topic. Otherwise, I'll look for something new.

The bad news is, pandemic is still going and everything is slow-paced, because after I sent that proposal to the teacher who coordinates Final Project or is a part of the Final Project team, no answer. Still waiting, but Idk; could be taking more than a week, but who knows? Every teachers have a tight schedule. Not gonna lie. I may gonna ask again after doing some improvements, because I have no time to lose.

Also, there's a random guy commenting on my mission 3 walkthrough that says, "it ruins the immersion." No doubt. It's my crazy idea to splice Ace Combat 7 with Boruto: Naruto Next Generations just because I love aviation, modern warfare, and Naruto/Boruto anime series at the same time. The fact that I carried what was once the glory of modding GTA San Andreas to have a Naruto theme (browsed every websites to gather shitload of ped models made by other than myself) indeed carries over to other games that have modding capabilities. And Cold Waters was no exception. It's even why I put an FAQ saying "why Boruto? I don't like it," because I know what people think about splicing a game with an anime series that even makes nonsense or absurd just by watching it.

Like I said, it's not just me who have this crazy imagination (if you've finished reading my Ace Combat fan fiction "The Tale of Boruto Uzumaki"). One Piece, for example, is a pirate-themed anime that God knows when it'll end. It would be crazy or absurd if spliced with Pirates of Caribbean movies. Just because it can be spliced with another for reasons like storyline, storyboard, and theme, it doesn't guarantee that it'll look good, depending on your perspective, and Ik every people's perspectives are different. One liking the splices of both materials doesn't mean others will. This is the matter of where the fan fiction comes in, since they can be in many forms or shapes, like skin mods in Ace Combat 7 and people's own short stories (Cerita pendek or Cerpen in Indonesian).

To boot, ever since Boruto: Naruto Next Generations aired in Japan via TV Tokyo, many people have different perspectives. Just because it's a successor of Naruto that "Naruto's son" became a star of that show, it doesn't mean the story is resembling much more like Naruto. His saga was over when the episode 500 of Naruto: Shippuden came out. Even after its first episode came out, many, except me, have already hated it, forming a "coalition" of Boruto haters. They complained about bad story, bad clothing designs... who knows? Even conspiracy theories gone wild here, such as the prediction of Naruto's death if judging by the village destruction theme in the first episode or Chapter 1 manga. I even doubted if this theory comes true in the next few years. Not sure if Naruto will be brutally executed by Kawaki or someone else when that happens, and Boruto's already deserted (AWOL).

If you wanna know, some episodes in Boruto NNG are similar to some case scenarios of Ace Combat 7, judging by my own perspective. The sample case of this is that episodes 141 to 147 is similar to missions 5 to 10 in Ace Combat 7. The mission is clear in those episodes, protect the asset and stop anyone who interferes. Missions 5 to 10 in Ace Combat 7 defines clearly of how the mission objectives should be. Go there, shoot down one, go here, shoot down another. Nothing interesting going on at this point, though, if you know what I mean. The difference is, they went undercover in those episodes while in missions in AC7, prisoners pointed you as the one who killed Harling by firing a missile on his Osprey without providing concrete information and went on straight accusation.


To end this writing, this is also explained in Everything Wrong with Ace Combat 7 by SlyCooperFan1. Pilots accused Trigger for shooting down Harling's Osprey without even checking the camera footage of Trigger's plane. To note, I also meme'd this many posts ago since I thought Boruto has false accusations without telling why like in Blood Prison movie (Ep. 140 trailer for Ep. 141), but the reality is, in episode 141, they were sent undercover as prisoners (Boruto and Mitsuki).




On the video, scroll to 17:46 and you'll see what I'm talking about.


Well, that's all for today's post. I gotta go back to work and reorganize my sleeping time.

Comments