Considering installing Horizon and making new companion mod

Horizon Mod

Horizon Mod @ Nexus

So, it's like this. I've seen some weapon mods on Nexus do have Horizon patches for it, and it does have its own sorting in a way that VIS-G and other sorters tend to become obsolete. This includes own sorting system from FallUI too. However, mine's having problem with DEF_UI last year or so that the Pip-Boy menu glitched out on its own. It was when it was combined with VIS-G Item Sorting mod to have a "better" organization and categorization of stuffs I'm carrying in the midst of the game. Compensating and fixing this, I have to combine some DEF_UI components with FallUI - Inventory mod and I'll never turn back on fully installing DEF_UI ever since. Later on, my 7th playthrough has been outfitted with FallUI series of mods by the guy named m8r98a4f2 @ Nexus Mods, with Item Sorter mod excluded. The link that provided here will get you to his/her list of files he/she uploaded.


It literally made me think about doing a transition and building all-new compatibility patches that who knows what. With the 1.9.0 of Horizon mod is coming out anytime soon this month (as well as new DLC plane for Ace Combat 7), I insisted to wait until 1.9.0 is out, and then have a try of it. I'm not even risking on taking 1.8.0 beta 7 as it's a "beta" development of 1.8.0 (or so), and the guys and gals who made Horizon (Zawinul et al) are attempting to make 1.9.0 a reality. It's expected to be out before the end of October but it's exactly unknown (confirmed via Horizon mod page's posts). Besides, I see no difference already even after completing the America Rising mod questline for the second time and then manage squads using this cool mod named Fallout Commander. Squads I managed tend to have an unwanted engagement against other factions, like the Enclave against the Institute. I tried completing the game as the Institute, with mix-and-match of creating a Reformed Institute after becoming a Director (yeah, why not? Father faked his death, lingered in Vault 111, he trusted the player as the leader of the Institute). Still having usual game crashes and uncommon freezes here and there AND funky shadow corruption when I try to compress the loose files into BA2 archives. Most noticeable ones are when I compress loose Project Valkyrie and Depravity files into BA2 archives.

Also, perhaps related, perhaps not, I seem to like new mod attachment models that Weapon Overhauls (AIO) mod provided, but sometimes it can be an issue with game crashes during the America Rising questline, particularly when at the oil rig. Other times and most frequently, it has issues with freezes that can last for eternity (I can tell using the Task Manager by where the game doesn't use the CPU, stuck at 0 or 1 and then the memory drops on its own, can go right at 30K when left for more than few hours). My gameplay/playthrough is not just walkthrough on its own, but also modding trial and error, attempting to squeeze the quality for better performance (well, in this case, buggy performance, but still works). Unfortunately, ammunition switching is quite tedious compared to Loads of Ammo - Switchable Ammunition Types mod, but it has a significantly wide array of mods that can be outfitted in a weapon. You can have a light frame on a gun with mixes like rapid automatic and advanced receivers on it, or regular frame with AP auto and powerful receivers. There's also a compacted missile launcher mod named "M84 Gustav" that fires one missile at a time per launcher, with the empty launcher can be used to reload in a workbench or turn it into a scrap. I still don't know what made the game "coughing" with unusual crashes apart from the Classic Holstered Weapons System mod when BO4 outputted crashes referencing it when nearing any settlement with NPCs sometimes, but it's probably a number of mods I loaded in one time, which mostly weapon mods (I prefer the one that's already in the packs, like Combined Arms).


New sets of mod installation after the last nuke was quite pleasing. Militarized Minutemen and its associated mods like Uniform Patches and Insignia and compatibility with UPI and We Are The Minutemen seemed to be a modern take of the today's military, and I seem to have a good impression on how I want to create a personalized soldier outfit that suits the current faction I'm affiliated in. Also... probably something about "another settlement needs your help" meme, but seems to me that with OAR mod in place, you can make a decision about Preston Garvey, who was, you know, "masquerading" as a Minutemen in an attempt to... what, waiting for the Enclave to show up and cooperate? Ik it has means to get rid of Preston saying about "another settlement needs your help" countless times, but having a set of mods like We Are The Minutemen and SCDO, he doesn't give that radiant quest unless we do so in a dialogue. Not sure if this is necessary, but I guess it's fun, nonetheless, to send him into prison in Diamond City, executed right in front of the comrades (I have several companions following me using the better one called Liga of my companions), bribe him out, or just leave him be.

I might gonna do a second nuke to clear out mod list for organized modding environment, and when I do, prior to installing Horizon, I might as well use this handy guide by kdodds (plus this one by Goonz, thanks, bud) to save my headaches and creating a stable, inline, and lore-friendly gameplay. Would be a good mix with Horizon and Survival difficulty, if those effs my satisfaction by any chance.

Learning how to use CK


Now, coming back to why it seems to be a lot of headache few months back, Ik exactly one other thing that complements it. Creation Kit seemed to be a quite complicated tool to begin with. Advanced modding tool, to be said. I managed to get a hang of it after few tries, like how to make new things using provided plugins. At that point, it's no walk in the park. I'm gonna need a tutorial to get started with Creation Kit, as well as how-tos to create a companion mod like guys Thuggy and others made. Not sure if I want to hire people in doing so, because... you know, clothing, hairstyle, body shape, necessities from another mod...

It's like this. I played Depravity questline few times and already at where Hotel Rexford is rejuvenated in Goodneighbor for the first time. Remember Harley? There's a special clothing that includes full outfit and a jacket that uses the backpack slot (I have a backpack mod and tried equipping a backpack on Harley, and the result is that the jacket is unequipped and a backpack is equipped). It's basically my design to create new Boruto Uzumaki, Sarada Uchiha, and Himawari Uzumaki characters (possibly with Mitsuki and Konohamaru Sarutobi as well, being "dismantled" in the Prydwen) without having an obvious rip-off from another game (like, let's say, from Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 or NARUTO TO BORUTO: SHINOBI STRIKER). Trouble is, it will, and WILL BE, take a lot of effort to make a hairstyle that resembles close to the anime because... you know, it's not Nanakochan (and I don't wanna know if it's homemade or from another source that met the regulations pertaining porting a content), and I can't find a suitable one after browsing through the styles provided from hairstyles mod like KS Hairdos mod. And clothing too. There will be a story to tell of how I want to go through this, and it won't be a one-man army to do this.

Though, TBH, from what I get from Gamebanana page and cross-referenced it with Nexus one, there are devs who allow it and disallow it, although Nexus regulations stated no blatant content porting. It is, however, in an area where I doubted this, because cases like M4A1 mod from Call of Duty is one of them.


While it is agreed that we should avoid obvious rip-offs, however, there are companies that allowed you to do so as long as you abide by the rules. Here's the first 4 paragraphs from Porting Whitelist and Guidelines.

Porting content between games is a controversial issue. Between copyright ownership, developers stances, and the general use of the content being ported, some companies may not appreciate having their content being taken from their native title and placed elsewhere. As such, we here at GameBanana respect the legitimate rights of developers and copyright-holders, and as such have adopted an efficient notice and takedown procedure as required by the DMCA. 

Please refer to our DMCA Policy for further information.

GameBanana will take action against ported content from companies if we are contacted by the developer/copyright-holder of the game in question at any time with a DMCA takedown. The companies listed below are companies that have either contacted us or our users have contacted to determine their official or unofficial stance on using ported content from their games. Please keep in mind that the companies listed under the Confirmed and Grey Area sections of the list are still completely able to submit a DMCA takedown and we would be required to comply. Consider the list below a rough guideline of how a company's views the porting of their content, nothing more. All content, whether in the Confirmed, Grey Area or if the company is not listed at all will be handled via DMCA takedowns only. 

You may not submit ported content of anything that would violate site and section-specific rules, as well as anything that comes from developing/copyright-holding companies listed under the Definite No section.

 So, to answer that, I'm just going to play by the rules, avoiding obvious rip-offs and designing from the scratch. Besides, the body is already available and in-game resources are there. The only thing it needs are clothing, hairstyle, new "beard" for Boruto and Himawari (cat mustache or whiskers on his/her cheeks), this mod (Naruto - Sharingan Eyes), Papyrus programming language knowledge, and tutorial on how to make a quest and a companion mod. Headband too; it counts as clothing, right? Still, I'm not in a luxury of trial and error to do model modding like this. I bet some of you readers have remembered about my Boruto Ped Mod Project. It went out as discontinued beta and having glitches here and there, like pointy meshes in game that it shouldn't be (and when viewed via OpenIV, the model is fine). Mesh modeling isn't my kind of expertise, especially when it comes to skeleton weighting, but if there are no options, then so be it.

Plus, making a companion mod requires people to voice them. I might gonna need few people who can voice the characters of 5 (perhaps, in my proposal) that can mimic the English-dubbed version of Boruto: Naruto the Movie. Again, no walk in the park. Complex like Immersive Nora (but doubled). And it won't be like Sparky617 Companion mod by himself, Sparky617. Guaranteed.



So, to sum it up, I have nothing interesting to go by after this 7th playthrough, where I completed America Rising questline and sided with the Institute (and then reforming it via Project Valkyrie questline), but yet again, it's another kind of fun to do. Trial and error in modding is like you test x on y and hoping for z, but z ain't coming out.

So, my 8th, 9th or beyond on Fallout 4 universe will be, when America Rising 2.0 is out, or when I make and test a new mod I'm proposing. Exact start date is still unknown per last post I told about this, and doors are still closed at this point. So...

Go for the start line?

Probably the best to get started. I need to learn CK basics first, then how-to stuffs on other tools I need. Won't be a walk in the park and needs countless tries like how I do my essay and paper. I might gonna need people to do clothing, hairstyle, and probably texture mod to create something as close as Boruto, Sarada, Mitsuki, Himawari, and Konohamaru, after I do more research on their "fictional" biodata to ensure maximum accuracy/depiction to be just like in anime, or at least, in JUMP FORCE (though I personally don't recommend that game even though it has some good old characters I like, like from One Piece or Dragon Ball). I'll also gonna look for other hairstyle mods (apart from KS Hairdos) for references, see if there's a closest match on either one of the proposed characters.

Few references I gathered (Child Development from Wikipedia, Every Character's Ages in Boruto: Naruto Next Generations in Indonesian, and Indonesian Age Classification based on Law Number 35 of 2014 concerning Amendments to Law Number 23 of 2002 concerning Child Protection, article 1 paragraph 1) showed that Boruto (12 y.o.), Sarada (12 y.o.), Mitsuki (12 y.o.), and Himawari (10 y.o.) are in a range of being considered as children, apart from Konohamaru (27 y.o.). That means four of them are in line with how Thuggysmurf et al design a combat-capable child (for instance, Stella from Depravity and Owen Lyons from Outcasts and Remnants, plus Orphans of the Commonwealth and one other from Tales from the Commonwealth), technically speaking. I haven't yet gathered information about their body heights (don't mind about Konohamaru), because, you know... most of the children in FO4 (Stella and Owen from both mentioned mods are included) are short, way too short (yes, because they're aged between 8 and 10 or so), and since this is about "actor scaling" (kinda remembered about a bug that can be fixed using Universal Actor Scale Remover mod), I have to cross-reference their child sizes in game with the reference I want to use, so they still look "small" and "short", but not too short (except Himawari, had to find reference for her body weight, and if she's at least as same as the original female child character in FO4, I'll omit this).






On the images I gathered from episodes I watched, Himawari is shorter than Boruto, while Boruto, Sarada, and Mitsuki are in the (somewhat) same height. Whereas Naruto and Gaara are taller than Boruto. So, you can take a guess how should I play this out, apart from having someone to design hairstyles, clothing, and makeups (I say this because Boruto and Himawari have an unusual cat mustache/whiskers on their cheeks similar to Naruto).

And weapons too. I'll consider using Combined Arms (has M9 pistol in there) and others that I said in previous posts for some weapons I want to put into them. And also considering something like Star Wars Lightsaber, Shuriken, and Kunai knives for them. Because, why not?


Some arts I found from LINE OpenChat reveal that Boruto was wielding this blue lightsaber sword, so yeah, even though I'm not quite a fan of Star Wars, addition like this to the Brotherhood of Steel can improve their productivity of self-defense, even though it has to be paid in bottlecaps. 😁 (Inspiration: a plasma sword that looked like a lightsaber in Weaponsmith Extended - obsolete as I'm doing a new playthrough with Horizon, when there is time)



Few game screenshots I took previously indicate that, if I compare between adult height and child height the game has to offer, they seem to be in line as well with the anime screenshots I took, but the only difference is Himawari. In Gaiden, she has a height of 138 cm, 7 cm different than Boruto, which is 145 cm. A comparison tells me that she's... about 1 or 2 cm from Boruto's shoulder. Well, there'll be adjustments to her in CK.

Do note that this is based on my fan fiction short story "The Story of Android 100: Future Town" that at near the end of the story, they were recovered by the Brotherhood of Steel (probably the west coast since they have the Prydwen with Elder Maxson on the helm) and took 50+ years to repair them due to the lack of equipment and parts in the post-nuclear-apocalyptic world. Their story continues on in Boston blind and limited (Android 100's travel was reliant on a GPS system, dunno if that's ever a thing in Fallout universe, but yeah, it's the same as Pip-Boy quest marker).

Also, America Rising gives me an insight if I should make an alternate "spawn marker" for Boruto and Sarada because... 2.0 of AR is still a long time. The Enclave is basically what's left of the Old America (after looking to the military insignias in the Atlas Summit), and these NATO-built humanoid robots are basically the Enclave's creation as of post-nuclear-apocalypse. Sure, their intentions are evil, to eradicate radiated settlers and creating a world with no nuclear radiation, but other times, I gotta ask this: does joining the Enclave makes it worse than raiding the settlements as Nuka-World Overboss? FAR worse? That you lose the right of being a Minutemen until you eradicate them or Preston Garvey will outright hate you if you take over a settlement, either populated or unpopulated?

Before 2.0 is out, I'll see, when this proposal becomes a reality, if I can alter the character spawning (object reference), so instead of working for the Brotherhood and Maxson, they work with the one that has high command from the old world. I'll be betting, Russell and others who have been cryogenically frozen will be surprised to see the NATO creations survived the nuclear apocalypse. The Enclave will become great again, theoretically, and if the Brotherhood of Steel can't tilt the odds like what they did to the Enclave-occupied oil rig in the past (lore I heard from Fallout: New Vegas).

I still have less luxury of reading and comprehending what the Enclave in Fallout universe is all about, but... summing it all up, yep, my mind's totally gone wild for this. I should get started with the basics and tutorials first, then going for the meat and potatoes of the Creation Kit.

Comments