I wonder if this is "too good to be true"

 So, you know me. Three times in a row being scammed, need to open up a "recruitment team" for my proposed Fallout 4 mod, all other shills and frills...

Back on November 2020, I managed to capture a YouTube community post saying this:


The post says (from a channel named Bread Boys):

If YouTube actually starts putting ads on non-monetized videos by creators who never asked for them, that just goes to show how greedy this corporation can be. This thought is disgusting. YouTube is essentially making free money off small channels and not paying them a single penny. Yes, there are small channels, but since there's so many of them, YouTube will sill make a huge profit off this new policy. I don't care if YouTube hates us now, it must be said by someone. I urge to our subscribers that we spread the message to all creators, and urge YouTube to immediately repeal this new policy.

 So, here's my question to you readers, especially those who own YouTube channels like me, have you encounter ANY of your videos being monetized silently by YouTube without you noticing or even met the requirements of "monetization features"? All AFAIK is that many "monetized" videos are coming from channels that met the requirements of "monetization features", like some that I subscribed (examples: Jim Browning, Axorb, nikitozz, and Ace Combat Fan). Small channels like me, as of this day, didn't see any peculiar thing happened to each and every video of mine that posted (Idk about other people watching mine).

Idk, this seems too good to be true, but a friendly reminder from Atomic Shrimp:


We all know the drama that surrounded YouTube a year ago. Change in ToS that describes "we shutdown your channel if your channel is non-commercially viable", COPPA act that categorizes YouTube videos to be for kids or for regular users... Recently, one of the channels I subscribed, Speedrun Fails, lost its monetization features because of reasons that described as "your channel is not in line with our YouTube Partner Program policies". SRF (abbreviation for Speedrun Fails) tried to appeal this but didn't succeed, and warned its competitor, gladJonas, in a type of meme, to save itself while it still can. I'm not really sure how can I describe this, but considering the fact that small channels are being looked at, and SRF isn't one of them...

Let me know what you think of this.

Comments