Scratch, Everyone knows, right?

Yes, this popular app for simple programming and everyone who is very first in programming can do it, even for me who is on San Andreas or IV modding. Scratch. Everyone knows this one, right?

What is Scratch?

IMO, Scratch is an app for Windows (or maybe Mac OS X or Apple) that is used to design a kind of animation or simple games with user-friendly interface and simplified coding system; GUI, drag-and-drop, and many more. This is even more simplified than Adobe Flash or to a complicated programming apps, such as Delphi (uses Pascal language), Ms. Visual Studio (uses C# language), Dev C++ (uses C++ language), etc.

Scratch is designed by MIT (I think it probably refers to Massachusetts Institute Technology or whatever, correct me if I'm wrong) engineers in USA, and is designed for use as educational or learning purposes (not in the way we simulate the shooting-action game like Metal Slug series). In Indonesia itself, this popular and simple app is used in elementary and junior high to strengthen the knowledge of simple programming for the first time, and later to simulate the educational gaming for kids/children.

Why am I writing this?

Scratch seemed to attract my attention for a while when nearing the short semester exam and long holiday of Ramadhan. For the next two weeks, my final exam will be working on a simple gaming project using Scratch, so I decided to think every possibilities of what can I design with Scratch.

I'm afraid the app (probably) is not for free, and to download, you need to sign up at Scratch Official Homepage and get one. I got one when this material of making games/animations with Scratch came up, but with two versions:
  1. version 1.4 (installer version)
  2. version 2.0 (non-installer, portable)

Just, whoa, I can't believe programming has came to such like this in my life. Not with that all syntaxes and everything, like Delphi and Dev C++. This is really user-friendly, just like how we use Microsoft Word for newbies.

Well, nothing like I'd going for advertisement of such app, but this is my life, my adventure.
One of my friends is asking for my popular Naruto TC mod, so rather than bringing in the USB HDD to the classroom with all the data of that mod, I'll just give him the direct link of that mod. And oh, I almost spent 3 hours in thinking what can I design with Scratch. To note also, he wants a cracked copy of GTA San Andreas (you know, the version 1.0 with No-CD cracked EXE by HOODLUM?).

Proposed Mods to be coming soon

Dunno, nothing seemed to be coming up in my mind for now, until the time I got a new PC. I decided to stay away from GTA IV and GTA V since it causes trouble (like too many) on my PC - probably memory addressing in the GPU card. Mine is using ATI Radeon HD 4800 series - the old one got fried long ago when the GTA IV has heavily modded like shit.

GTA IV:
  • CTD when it comes to police chases
  • CTD when it comes to police pursuit/crime scene response in LCPDFR
  • SMPA60 error, this occurred by the time the new textures are installed in IV or EFLC (e.g. Viva New York mod)
  • Instant CTD for (even) a car pack is installed, except for the one called "The Evolved Car Pack v3"
  • Instant CTD for (even) a huge changes on the weapons sound
To note, GTA IV won't crash when I do not install any mods after all. Sucks...

GTA V:
  • Many people are asking for new cracks to crack developers like 3DM and RELOADED as Rockstar frequently updates GTA V to fix issues about data, and to add DLCs that is dedicated for certain themes in GTA: Online.
  • There is high probability that mods will be incompatible with older versions as Alexander Blade frequently updates the ScriptHookV DLL file to match the current game version Rockstar announced.
  • My PC has met minimum specs, but bigger problem came: at dusty state, the PC usually start up with no screen, but keyboard buttons still functioning. When it's cleaned up, it goes back to normal again. Usually it starts up with screen firstly showing BIOS loading such data and Windows main boot file, but it can be done without screen; it doesn't go through a GPU card check, which this attracted my attention.
  • GPU card is using DirectX 10 - newer games that uses DirectX 11 (Watch Dogs, COD: Ghosts) will not compatible with the one I'm currently using now.
Everyone who has GTA V in original copy really should be excited with continuous updates without worry, but for people who is in for the pirated copy, some has tired waiting of when the newest version of the crack released; that's why I decided to stay off the GTA V for now and waited until Rockstar no longer updates the game - like what they did to GTA IV.

That is all. Stay tuned for more!

Comments