Bring back nostalgics? Ready to wait for HD games

Check this: for few days I spent my time on this Resident Evil 6 game and it wasn't so bad. Likewise, it has more action with less horrors, in what it is equivalent to Resident Evil 5 that can't be played anymore (GFWL-dependent, if you ask me, and I'm running Windows 10 here).

This MoonLoader thing is something new to me, and I knew that it's Russian-made, judging by the programming language. Yep, LUA, in what's it's most identical to Digital Combat Simulator-based games. Come to think of it, "lua" is derived from Portuguese language that means "moon" (Wikipedia), and it makes sense about the name since the loader loads scripts programmed in Lua language.

I might as well be back later for this one.


Okay, getting bored for no more new missions to play, tasks on queue, alone with my grandpa at home, and delayed scripting, interest me in bringing back some good old nostalgics in PS1. I'm thinking about an example of law enforcement, and there's this one game I cannot see the end, until now, and I found it on Google when I put the search query "police chase game ps1".

You guess it, World's Scariest Police Chases. Or in what's it to be. Tell you what, I finished the simple ones, but always get stuck on bomb squad mission that needs you to rush over the bomb site quickly or it explodes. When I get passed them, the fun part is where you use a rocket launcher and an APC to bring down the criminals in a tank that's wandering the city. Much resemble San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto V nowadays, but in this case, the player is the criminal in a tank.

Back when I was in the school, after passing the pursuit where you need to defuse the bombs then chase the suspects, it was a success, but the CD got roughed up and cannot be used anymore. There's this funny moment for this game in my life where I accidentally bought the same game CD again while I lost it. Few days later it was founded again. Man, I never forget such silly but funny experience.

To tell the truth, I had played this game once on PC with PS1 emulator. Back then was the Win98 OS and idk the specs. Before I knew tools such as UltraISO, Daemon, and Alcohol 120%, this game was run on the CD Reader. Back then idk the concept of PS games until later, I discovered that the data autonomously read on the CD as the console game itself only contains BIOS.

Surely this is put as an example to the once my bro used to play in PS2: Gran Turismo 3. When my bro tried to get into the race event as "Amateur" difficulty, it was like... forever stuck, unless you pull out the CD, clean it out, and put it back in. Yeah, console games depend on its medium to read its data inside.

The other example of this PS1 game I play is the Metal Slug. It's been a long time since I played such game, and maybe I already gave up the sport now. Another ones like Ace Combat 2, Ace Combat 3, and Command and Conquer: Red Alert Revolution (or something like that) have been a scar on my good old memories - in what appears to be the continuation and transition between console and PC games. On my experience, I did played the successor of this Revolution game, such as Red Alert 2 and 3 on PC, Ace Combat 4, 5, and Zero on PS2, and Assault Horizon on PC. Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 is also a part of nostalgia for good old AC games on both PS1 and PS2, which comprised of conventional combat style and weapons that are adaptive to the type.

Further back on my history, I have a Sega console game, but idk what model, and it's not Genesis, I think. There was this kind of game that once scared the sh*t out of me, and it was equivalent to what it is in PS1, like Nuclear Strike and Soviet Strike, however idk the title of it. Even until now idk much of it. I have to say, those games were made by Electronic Arts, or EA Games nowadays. The EA Games logo back then was quite memorable. It comprised of circle, square, and triangle shapes with some line breaks.

Speaking of both Nuclear Strike and Soviet Strike, I completed the Nuclear Strike (got some difficulties on the last mission, but eventually, it passed), but for the Soviet Strike, I always get stuck on the 3rd mission. At this rate, I'm gonna need more than just a combat action to win the level, which is the strategy of that mission. I might as well add them to my DL list as PS1 ISOs are easy to find in Google.

As for the emulator, there are many of them, but I'd prefer to find the more specific ones. Tasikgame.com (awkwardly, this is where I got the Point Blank Offline game) provided one and pointed me to the ePSXe. Seriously, it's my first time I heard this kind of emulator, as back then there was the same emulator, but not ePSXe.


Before I knew much of LCPDFR nowadays I played this game (World's Scariest Police Chases) in free roam; catching suspects in pursuits, stops them by either shooting the car or chase it until it stops, and thinking crazy when I saw police cars and ambulances on the streets (which are the ambient traffic). Yeah, back before I knew much of cartoons and animes like Naruto and Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, I did have a wild imagination that makes me dream randomly, that I might say once, "I want to be a police officer," or "I want to be a soldier." Guess the old memories kicked right in after playing new games and the end of Naruto: Shippuden series. The 21st century era of Boruto: Naruto Next Generations anime has introduced us the much more modern technology, in what appears to be the same to our world right now, but there were several states and villages that were still holding out conventional tech. This can be equivalent to some states and countries in Africa (please no offense as I in no way harassing people who lives in Africa).

I'm guessing the thoughts of stay younger can help me to live longer, if God permits it. I prayed to God most of the times so that I can receive the "long age," beside many requests. I often said it in my prays, even when I was in my birthday (though most common request is the addition of new Naruto action figures - going to online shop is the last resort when none was sold on the known local toys and action figures/figurines shop). Only God who knows when I'll became older; the only thing I wish for my existence is the thoughts of stay younger, if it helps. Besides, I'm 21 years old now.


And now... the time to start opening my old memories to the feet. I'm out. Enjoy your day, readers.

Comments