GTA Open San Andreas - No peer to complete download?


It's been a half year since I got this "Open San Andreas" torrent file from... maybe a referral from GTA: Underground mod. I left this torrent open and active up until now since February, but so far it was stuck on 91.2% for unknown reason.

I checked the Peers tab in μTorrent and I saw only a few of peers, two actively uploading data but no data downloads. Back before this gets stuck it was actively downloading after searching for proper peers containing data required to bundle separated data into one file. However, after reaching this spot, no data downloads again as it was searching another peer to get into.

One tracker in Tracker tab has a saying, "Connection timed out," so idk what happened. Is it because of my home connection?

I know there's something wrong with this torrent. Either the author put this and leave it or something else, idk. What I know is that most of the basic files can be acquired from the original San Andreas, but some files there seem to be either complete or incomplete and are used to form "Open San Andreas." Precisely, CLEO directory, OSA.ipl in data\maps directory, script folder in data directory, gta3.img in models (the size is different compared to the original one, like 10 or 11 MB more than original), and OSA.txd in models\txd. As much as I know, if the torrent download is incomplete, you can't use it.

Seriously, I want to try this GTA OSA mod, but somehow a small portion of data was lost, particularly in that 8.8% data. It's similar to once I tried some torrents to download something but no peers or trackers active to download. That was when I used BitTorrent, which AVG flag it as a virus last time I tried to update a new version of it. I switched to μTorrent since then.


It is unclear why this small portion of data was lost when downloading GTA OSA using a torrent, so it's a matter of fact that this mod appears to be corrupted (except if somebody who has it in a completed download state willing to reupload on a file sharing website). There was no explanation; all we know is that this remaining data was on another peer that either is dead or the data in that peer was gone after it was caught on screen.

I'll delete this torrent, but I'm gathering some of the intact OSA files before it's getting deleted alongside the data. Maybe I can put the files there into the good use.

Comments