Okay, I was wrong about LOM is an FLT...

Okay, I was wrong that LOM file is actually an FLT (Flight Studio OpenFormat) file. I've been searching across the forums.eagle.ru with the aid of Google (Google is My Friend, that really works out like a charm) and found this thread without my knowledge, and foo yeah! - Autodesk 3ds Max plugin, with a complete set of CDDS Studio and LockOn Viewer programs.

If you scroll down a few posts in there, you'll get the link to where you can get them (or the fastest one, take this one instead). However, it's sad, though, that it's meant for the older version of 3ds Max, the 7.0. Latest or older ones won't work.

Okay, now for the start (after I have the Ninja Ripper from a website referencing Hitman: Blood Money), time to get on Google Search the 3ds Max 7 (I do have the 2014 version of 3ds Max) and start working on both 2014 and 7 versions. I guess it's my time to learn some Autodesk 3ds Max tutorials on the web. Luckily, someone has provided it and the link is still active. Speaks Indonesian, though, and you don't really need details; just click "Download" and type the password when opening the archive (the password is yogi-blogs-sharing.blogspot.com, the one provided on the website link is not working - some letters are in uppercase).


Now just let me re-state once again: LOM file (on LOMAC, LO:FC, and LO:FC2 sim games) is NOT an FLT file. I have tried importing the file by changing the extension to .flt and the result was a small dummy box, nothing else.
And oh, boy... this guy slipped in the Kam Lai's DFF I/O tool (San Andreas Modeling) for 3ds Max. I'm impressed. Now the SA modeling is possible.

Being a happy time for at least a week making textures and modeling shit in ZModeler; now is my time to develop some new mods in this "dark age" of GTA modding. I know most of the modders out there moved on to V modding, but some like those in IV or SA modding didn't stop or quit just because they don't have sufficient money to afford games on high-end machines (financial problems, like me).

I'll upload the tools for the LOM-exporter files and the light 3ds Max 7 to another location soon; provided unlocked, for people who wanted to do some old-school modding like me.

Let's make the internet more colorful.

Comments