Senior Student's PS2 Save Game for Emulator

I have finished my time spending nostalgics on old PS2 games I have from the DVD disc, including Heatseeker, another Ace Combat type of video game made by Codemasters (I remember from one of the LINE timeline posts of one official account there that the company also made the F1 2017 video game for PC). Problem is, less of Ace Combat fans know about this kind of game, which I found out that it's like combining Ace Combat engine and Resident Evil 4 action input (for missile evasion system) into one, of which as of now, Ace Combat 7 doesn't have it (don't ask about Assault Horizon, though). Last I checked the channel from the guy who's a Brazilian (not Canadian, sorry for typo on the last few posts), most of the fans discussed about Project Wingman, which is a game similar to AC but instead it has an indie genre. I even hooked up the Google with that keyword and it do have a website. It's in the kickstarter demo release.

Okay, as the title of this post implies, I would like to tell you about how can I get a hold of this, thanks to a classmate who's a senior student in the Informatics Engineering major. A short story, however, as I don't remember much about details.

There's a laboratory class, perhaps on semester 5 or 6. The class was about making and handling a database, and yup, it's a database lesson. Can't remember when that happened, though. Basically you'll learn the basics of MySQL and how to manage or sorting the data from the database.

I did follow the lab class very well. My MySQL coding back then was so good (idk about now), like, for the first time I learn it, it uses English as its coding interface (human language interface + command line interface).

One day, a senior student that I know from the class came upon me (idk, though, maybe I came to him, or he came to me) and asked for my work to be transferred to his USB harddisk. Said that it can be a part of fortune, I allowed it. So I took my time looking inside the contents of his USB HDD while transferring my works there and found some files and folders of his that might look interesting, including the games that I wanted to play from a friend of mine that I saw before the class begins. A lot of files have been copied to my laptop, and then copied right into my USB HDD at home.

As far as I remember, I copied a full list of episodes of Naruto: Shippuden anime series from episodes 1 to 440 (maybe), a bunch of dumped BIOS files for PS and PS2, 2 save game files for PS2 emulator, and a game called Avatar: The Legend of Korra. There's even some files that I pulled out, but I can't remember.

Just the day before yesterday, after finished having nostalgics with Impact Camera the Heatseeker game does have, I tried out the game called Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles 2 which I did played long ago, just after the brother have tasted this game (with long interval). After I got the emulator few months ago, thanks to JalanTikus, I've crossed the mind across the files I retrieved few years ago, so I pulled it out and checking out the saves inside it. I found several familiar save games from there, including two Resident Evil games; the Outbreak and Outbreak: File #2. I've copied some to give it a try, but the Outbreak one (not the "file 2" one) has only read-write access without file operations to move it to another card (the classic case to copy is to run the game, load the save, switch card slot, and then save).

To short, there's no Ace Combat save games in there, but I did make one in a new remaster, cranking up from Hard to Ace, and I only play the AC5 and AC0 as AC4 doesn't have new aircrafts (the last one is the X-02 "Wyvern", a multirole carrier-based stealth fighter aircraft with foldable wings). For AC0, I completed the game from Hard as Knight, up to Expert as Soldier, and then Ace as Mercenary. At the same time and as soon as the Ace difficulty missions completed in Mercenary style, two aircrafts, ADFX-01 "Morgan" and ADF-01 "FALKEN", unlocked altogether with its special color; something that I never experienced in my time as I never tried out those hardest difficulties.

Ace difficulty is quite fun, and at the same time, more difficult for me, but as those don't have checkpoints unlike AC6 (specific for Xbox 360), repeating missions will be all the way from the scratch. I mean, literally, three shots of machine gun fire will crash your plane. A missile shot instantly crash the plane also, as in the actual flight simulator game like Lock On: Modern Air Combat. In later game mechanics of DCS, MANPADS missile has minor damage, but has a chance to rip the aircraft's wing; otherwise the engine. But 3 shots of MG fire in LOMAC will only dent the plane. Let's say you are up against a Shilka, or simply a ZU-23 or IFV models like BMP-2 and later or LAV-25/Stryker APC in LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2 or latest DCS games like DCS: World. Three shots of MG fire from it will only dent the plane, or if the "enemy" is lucky, it can shred your wings or kill the aircraft engine. Lighter guns (7.62mm or 12.7mm) don't have an effect unless if it can hit the engine.

Ace difficulty in AC:AH was handled differently. While you can progress and restart on checkpoints when you get shot down, the plane damage you have will carry over with you once you get through the checkpoints. If I were you, avoid damage while you can so you can save it on the final moments where it became "your last stand" before the mission came out in a success. For landing session while your plane's continuously losing armor, keep the burners on until your plane touches down and after that, slow down until it stops. Usually after your plane touches down, the damage stops.

Mostly from the saves I found are the ones I did not recognize, but they're in the emulator list. However, there's these two saves I found which looked like the old ones, and here I mention the Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles 2. Two saves that I discovered, one is already in a complete state with play time in 11 hours (?). So I checked it out; its character stats, its skill chips...

From what I discover, some have already buffed to its maximum level, of particular are Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno, Shikamaru Nara, Neji Hyuga, and Kankuro. Also their Virtue points are nearing infinite. The rest were at its lowest level, meaning the characters are much less priority compared to these five, but I'm not so sure. I mean, literally, WTF?

The skill chips of each character from the last time I checked was not fully filled to add stats increase. I mod it to fill them up until no space left, so all characters have stats increase based on the majority. Let's say, if the Health and Chakra is a majority of the character, once it's get filled up, it'll get increased by 50 points. You can check the majority value on the top right of the screen when you are modifying the skill chip of a character.

I haven't touched this game again since I already have the Ultimate Ninja 5 from a friend of mine in senior high who glad to send his disc for me, so for the storyline, I had to start up from the scratch, and fortunately, it was fresh new game with previously carried over stuffs, like in AC4, AC5, and AC0 games that has SP New Game menu once you finished the campaign. There are special buffs with the bonus Skill Chip I made by wrapping up the Survival ranks with those four, but I finished only 3. Neji will be coming up next.

Once this is done, I might come up with the Outbreak and Outbreak: File #2 to see if there are any special things or something that I never see before. So... I may as well get going then...and finishing up the C2 project before the end of July.

Comments