UniPin and Steam Wallet

I just put my bets on my sister's UniPin account for IDR 500.000 (USD 34.75) just to buy and install, directly, Grand Theft Auto V, which is the latest update of the game I just bought on Steam. However, the purchase itself wasn't enough to accommodate PUBG (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds) and the GTA V's DLC, since the DLC purchase was indeed separate. I guess it's time for myself to go back into the V modding just to know that this is what I've been waiting for. There are some mods I need to wrap up since the announcement of new weapons set from the DLC, of which I'll get it tomorrow.

The purchase itself was on a 35% discount and the offer ends in August 1, the day after tomorrow since this writing.

TBH though, my sister never used this type of thing (topping up Steam Wallet using UniPin) since she had a new Steam account for free CS:GO game, neither her boyfriend. Most of the time she used UniPin to top up an in-game currency called "Mi-Cash" in Audition Ayodance for "special" purchases like rare outfits and unique base floor decoration. However, I and my sis didn't ran out of luck just yet, because if they can't, Google can. GIYF indeed.

In the next day soon idk how much I will spent on Steam purchases. Like... 1 million in two days? This is equivalent to 3 weeks and 2 days of my pocket money, which valued IDR 50.000 (USD 3.48) per day. It doesn't include weekends, so it's 6 days a week, and that depends on whether I go to the college for lesson materials or meet the teachers at Itenas. If I do make another top-up, I might as well making purchases on PUBG and CS:GO, if the credits are enough.

The wallet top-up in UniPin is using the one based on my region since as I made the account, the nominee is set based on the region, of which it's Indonesia. Instead of using the USD currency, I'd use the IDR currency just as I put the proper and commonly used search query in Google. In some cases, USD currency can be used to redeem Steam Wallet code in Indonesia, but as of now I have less proof that it can work.

Well, my doubts and knowhow of using UniPin in topping up Steam Wallet (which is other than my sister's favorite game she's topping up) is complete. I guess this type of lesson can be taught to my sister as well, knowing that she had her Steam account for CS:GO game. Maybe one day she'll use it for making purchases of her favorite games, and not just me. I should create one someday.

Although... this is really interesting that the download speed in Steam wasn't fast like the download accelerators such as IDM (Internet Download Manager) these days.

I watched a YouTube video about comparison between legit gamer and cracked gamer, and I guess this is one of them. The speed depends on how fast the network connection. Since my home has a TV cable set and a free Internet access, I can download over hundreds of gigabytes worth data over the web, anytime. So to say, I watched several YT videos, like 3 to 10 videos a day, in 720p resolution (whereas possible), and the last used data I checked on the phone reached nearly 70 GB, nearly as same as the GTA V size in comparison.

Mine's download speed without IDM is about 200 to 400 KB per second. Such that will take 3 days or more, if it's stable, for a size of GTA V. If you compare with outstandingly bigger-sized games like the latest Final Fantasy game, let's say... it'll take a week or so to get this DL finished.

If I don't have the home Wi-Fi, most likely I will spent several hundreds of Rupiahs for my last used Smartfren Mi-Fi Andromax to use 15 GB Midnight Internet bonus quota that can be used between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m., and the 15 GB daily quota in a total of IDR 300.000 (USD 20.86) (for about 90 GB used) to download GTA V, and that doesn't include DLC I'll purchase later. This could have been a different story if I use the monthly Internet cable/Wi-Fi package such as IndiHome provided by Telkom.


If you are active on Steam, look me up under my name (Agung Paramtapa) or my usual modding name (Naruto 607) and feel free to have a chit-chat when I'm online. Thanks for reading and I'll see you soon.

Comments