Transferring SA/IV mod works into laptop

Rearranged partitions of my 1 TB HDD doesn't go away with the running low on disk space I got, especially after IV and SA is becoming less interested for me, not just because of instability (flickering textures and the like when a car has been modded), but the inability to film some of my ready plugins of LCPDFR (crashes during pursuit because this HDD was used on the old PC). However, seeing my laptop has a better specification, I might as well try to move all my works to the laptop, which astonishingly has a larger free space that I can use.

My sister, as of now, has less interest in AyoDance and preferred much of smartphone games like Mobile Legends: Bang Bang and PUBG Mobile. TBH, I have PUBG on PC, but I'd save it for the rainy day. That's why I haven't used it even though I've purchased it on my end.

It is, as a matter of fact, because GTA V mods are in tremendous sizes, ranging from high quality cars to LOD (level of detail) change that can cost a few gigabytes of hard disk space (it can go up to 4 or more). On the other hand, San Andreas mods are typically in a low size, like less than 100 MB, but some can go more than 1 GB, depending on the quality. Mods I typically found for San Andreas aren't more than 4 GB unless if it's a TC (total conversion) mod like GTA: Underground, which is a WIP project that can unite all older generation maps from games made by Rockstar into a San Andreas (Renderware) game engine (world).


And today's the release of Ace Combat 7 on PS4 and Xbox One. So, for you out there who has PS4 and X1, and you loved Ace Combat, I hope you enjoy your game and you got your merchandise sent to your homes (if any).

Friday on February 1st is the AC7 release on PC. Any of you who pre-purchased on Steam, enjoy your game. I'll be waiting for y'all to join after my birthday, and hoping to see if my PC can support this AAA game.


Well, I'm thinking of updating my VS (Visual Studio) when I'm doing this (transferring mod works into laptop). Some V projects that involve programming need me to update my VS. Therefore, I'm willing to do some of my shitty SA videos from there, because I know that tons of Naruto mods are supported for San Andreas only. V only has a few, and about 2 or 3 can be found on DarwinVS' Patreon.


Now about Guns Scorch's problem. He has a problem that he really needs my help, about his GTA V installation. He said that he uses a new directory for his mods, but it's failing on his end. I help him out anyway I can. But just so to "feel" it without even trying it, I quickly draw up a conclusion that it cannot function without it referencing to the game directory. I said that it was intended for backup purposes, not for modding purposes.

Everything that OpenIV suggests about Mods folder is clear, and it provides you online safety if you follow the instructions manually and by the book. It's my general practice since I own a pirated version of the game. I have to emphasize that "mods for GTA V nowadays are now dependent on the game version Rockstar has to release". For example, Dispatch of Variety, or the most simple one, World of Variety. They're always being updated to support latest game versions and they mention, "Pirated versions are not supported".


How to ensure original files aren't untouched or prevent original files being touched by accident?

If you touched and modded the original files by accident, you can always repair modded file by using the "Verify Integrity of Game Files..." button from the Properties menu of GTA V game in Steam, OR run a Command Prompt, point it to your game directory, and type "GTAVLauncher.exe" with quotes and ADD "-verify" without quotes before pressing Enter. This way will verify your game files and will redownload files that is not matching its CRC32 checks from the download server.





In OpenIV, you can prevent accidental modification of original game files by going to Tools » Options » "mods" folder tab and tick ALL of them. This way, original game files will be read as "read-only" and won't be touched by OpenIV.




Always a general practice if you want to go to GTA Online to remove ASI loader (dinput8.dll in your game directory) to prevent your RGSC account from being banned. It will not remove the mods you installed, but it will "completely" disable all operating mods you used for single-player purpose. Should you wish to re-enable mods, put in back the ASI loader from Alex's ScriptHookV bundle or enable it from OpenIV's ASI Manager.

New Phone

Mom is needing a secondary phone for "who knows what" and wanted to use my phone. Because it has all of my credentials and authenticators there I decided to not giving it to someone else for clean use. I talked to my mom and decided to do all "fresh new cleaning stuff" at home, so that I can have time to transfer my important credentials to somewhere else.

So to say, I have an event where my friend stole all my money from the ATM because she has access to my phone's notes. In a critical response, I have no choice but to clear out my notes from those credentials and move it somewhere else. I'm thinking about a book that it's just a regular book others may think it's unnecessary, but it has credentials I can store there, and I know one that hasn't being trashed yet.

Well, point taken, the new phone will be a game change for me and my mother, as well as everyone else like friends in the college and Steam, considering as my phone cover is changed.

Anyway, on February 1st I'll be making a video from the Texting Story app and upload it on my YT to announce a release of AC7 in Boruto style. Likewise, with some edits of course.



Well, I'm kinda wet by now, and it's time for me to go. Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

Comments