Sound files. Character speeches in Ultimate Ninja Storm 4.

Before I start, here are some videos showcasing my fun time editing messageinfo.bin.xfbin to... you know, IRL or Ace Combat's Strangereal world, for example.

Well, the absurdity comes to this one with Strangereal ones. Believe me. You may found it absurd and crazy, but to me, I LOLed out of it.





Character Speeches

Apparently I just bookmarked a page containing yet another awesome BMS script programmed by ssh when it comes to UNS4 files. The extracted XFBIN package containing such audio file for specific character (my example is 7brn_pl.xfbin) has... what's this? Audios in *.BNSF extension?


Apparently, this is a completely different scenario. From the Modding Tools website for UNS games, nothing in there lists tools for converting BNSF to WAV. And there's not even any files with AWB extension. Like... what?


Call me crazy, but this Google Search is too broad for just this specific keyword. I'm sure anyone has already creating tools for this since this game is... I can assure you; it's old, 4 years. A year late than GTA V, even. And ssh had programmed a better CPK files extraction since... 2 years and 8 (maybe 9) months ago.

I'm sure improving it a bit might get desired results. And yep, this referenced me to a tool that converts BNSF files to WAV, but the discovery of this is a bit unusual. Following this thread Zealot Tormunds (the legend of UNS4 modding) posted, it took me straight into GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst's Steam discussions and discovered this guide posted on Steam. Coincidence? It should be, albeit how old this game is.


I'm not into UNS4 modding after using Perfect Storm mod, but listen... I found this quite tricky than skin modding in AC7. I'm sure by learning all of this sh*t, I'm pretty certain this is where does this guy, Ikizer Donno, get the audio files from, because I really doubt, if not by recording audio from the game (which can be conflicted with sound effects like punches or so), then I'm sure it's from the HARD WAY like this. Besides, I only watch GTA videos and only plays San Andreas while no one was ever paying attention on me.

Ah, yes. This reminds me of the fate of my last mod release I made before I call it quits in making GTA mods and playing any GTA games ever again (since... you know, moving some of my stuffs to an apartment in the city?). Idk when I'll continue making mods, testing them out, or play around to see how durable it is in a heavy modding environment. Go figure. My parents are restricting me even more than once it was, considering I'm in a state of doing the Final Project, and I hope I can wrap it up before the end of the second semester. I hope.

So, if not that, what am I gonna do with those audio files, you ask? Cinematic cuts in AC7 or so. Maybe. But let's see how does it turns out in the end. Oh, and I may gonna tribute Ikizer Donno some cookies for the awesome Boruto mods. Not gonna lie; it's epic.

Comments