New approach of translation


The translation, when being put into the "quotes two" simulating the direct speech looks very weird in Google Translate, and I thought it may look ugly for locals. However, it's really impossible to redo the job I did, as I use Character Map (charmap in Windows) to add some realistic words, like "803-i, ya Terek" (RUS: "803-й, я Терек"), and putting in the texts altogether with the direct speech simulation may have weird results.

This brought me back into translating the English text to Russian on some parts of my short story long time ago. It's fun, even though I didn't know the meaning of it for every word by word.

I guess this also needs to improvise, since translation do not know the long term of the abbreviations used, of which particular are:
  1. CSAR: combat search and rescue
  2. CAS: close air support
  3. N-W: north-west
  4. HVI: high value individual - similar to those in Call of Duty games, especially in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Translator may interpret it as HIV - similar to HIV/AIDS disease)
  5. UAV: unmanned aerial vehicle (when being translated, Russian language has its abbreviation ready)
These are used in "Su-25 - Russia to the Rescue" mission made by myself.

Comments