C++Builder and Yesterday's Life

Got myself a couple lessons of Multimedia Technics lesson from my teacher about implementing synchronous multimedia show using Borland C++Builder. She recommended for the media files to use the following extensions:
  • Video and Animation Video: *.avi (Windows Video format)
  • Speeches or VO Actor's recording: *.wav (Windows Audio format)
  • Instrumental Music: *.mid (MIDI)
  • Image: *.bmp (Bitmap Image)
  • Text: *.txt (Plain Text)
I did following the instructions to the letter successfully, including timer assignment, but here, I got issues on the video playback. I did running an assessment on converting videos I want to AVI format with Format Factory, using many video encodes and PCM-encoded audio encode. Audio comes out good, but the video is not. It got problems with internal encoder. My teacher said that videos can be run if the file was a pure AVI format, not a converted AVI format.

Played with encoding and the result was nothing. A friend suggests me to use another converter. I did saw a friend of mine successfully converted a video to AVI format, but the playback was extremely too fast, like a thousand FPS every second.

I tried to follow his suggestions and the Xilisoft Video Converter, the one I used very long time ago, was picked. I haven't yet installed it.

To let ya know for a bit, the Borland C++Builder, in fact, is the same when being compared with Borland Delphi 7. However, the programming language is not same; C++Builder is in C++ language (placed in a same generation as Ms. Visual Studio and Dev C++) while Delphi 7 is in Pascal language (placed in a same generation as Free Pascal and Turbo Pascal). Though being different in language, the interface is same, with the exception of the CRT, ZeosLib, and Scalabium libraries for Delphi 7. CRT is used in Programming Algorithm lesson, while ZeosLib and Scalabium are used in Database Programming lesson, which I picked now.


To other point, seems that I got a long time to finish the Firetrap movie download on the torrent (sometimes 2 or 3 peers show up, giving it a speed boost, while one is in slow shit and sometimes disappeared), but it's good to know that I already reached 86%. I made my lunch and dinner on a single plate with lots of meats and 3 packs of noodles, so today I'm not having a breakfast. Ended up my dinner last night with a bottle of Sprite and I got a stomachache, but not gonna puke. Brought myself to sleep and I took 2 or 3 hours sleeping, because I can't sleep well and got noisy by my sis playing Audition Ayodance. I even changed beds from room to room just to make me sleep, and by the time I woke up, I'm glad that the stomachache was gone.

She slept at 3 and I continued using computer at 2, just after she got bored already and going for the karaoke shot for her friends.

A new task from the Operating System lesson yesterday has just made things serious. Really, because it is now involving Linux- or Unix-based OS. The teacher gave me a task to know the commands on a TbUI-based (Text-based User Interface-based) Linux or Unix OS, like the way Windows Command Prompt does. For real, and as a matter of fact, I don't have Linux or Unix OS. Still, there's a luck that I have a VirtualBox installed on my laptop, and I think I can start doing something with it, making own OS with adjusting basics to get the OS up and running virtually.

Well, let's hope that there's no shit things happening much further in my life, alright?

Comments