Tsubasa Resurfaced, Scooby-Doo, and Fallout 4

No one knows what in the world happened, but every midday on TV, the old anime, Captain Tsubasa, was resurfaced. The theme? It's obvious to know that it's about football game. Not the one you describe as "nuclear launch code" or anything presidential in US, but the football game, like FIFA World Cup.

I did take my time to watch this anime before I knew Naruto in several POVs. Back then I was at the elementary, had some time to watch that lovely anime. It's a start, you know, to introduce people about football as one of the sports in the world, besides Slam Dunk that tells about basketball game, similar to NBA, but in Japan. The successor, Whistle, I think, imitates Captain Tsubasa in different ways. I did have a poster of it when I bought a magazine, but... anyhow, parents dumped it. Can't tell what reason because I forgot.

The story? Nothing special, but it tells about a man named Tsubasa Ozora who became a famous football player in one of the football clubs in Brazil. He followed the steps of a Brazilian named Roberto (maybe Roberto Carlos?) to become one of the best and the expensive football player in the world. He started his career as a player in junior high, nominating him as a team captain. He met many challenges and many rough players from different schools until the known players he met joined a state team known as JFK (not John F. Kennedy airport, but a football club in Japan, I guess, the state one). Entered some World Cup to be a famous team, (I think) Japan has come up to be a victor. New people have been bought to replace these famous players as they broke out following their path, including Tsubasa himself, who wanted to be a player in Brazil, as a team captain.

The game (football) is much more like an addict to many people, and even an addict to people playing video games. Back then after Captain Tsubasa surfaced on Indonesian TV, I remember my bro playing a football video game in PS1 (that console game now is a collectors item with utmost rarity besides Nintendo). Winning Eleven was between one of the video game collections. Like I said, the game is Japanese (text, speech/voice, etc.) and my bro just give a fuck and play it anyway, regardless of how hard Kanji words are. At some point, I remember he did some cosmetic changes to Brazil country (that game was known to have a "team editing" menu that allows many unique features to "revamp" the specific football club/team), like changing stats, faces, and names of most players. I remember he added his name into one of the players, and also Tsubasa Ozora in it, with some other awkward names I can't tell. He also revamped them to suit his needs. Yep, it's the power of anime that can make people do things that can't get the people makes any sense, or extraordinary. I experience one of them, and growing it to a fan fiction because I love military equipments.

The day it was on air was everything is Indonesian dubbed, from opening and ending musics, until character's VO (voiceover). However, the opening music was similar to the ending, no changes, but added credits in the ending. Today, opening and ending musics are original from the anime itself, but the character's VO never change, just added censors on "sial" (in English it's "shit" or "damn") and "bodoh" (in English it's "stupid" or "fool") at some scenes that makes me puke and switching program to Masha and the Bear @ ANTV if I have to. Well, reminds me much of SpongeBob Square Pants and Thomas and Friends that mostly "bodoh" are censored in several scenes. Some words are even long enough that, to say, it takes a second or two to get it censored, like "siaaaaaal" (long "a" word) that takes even one or one and a half seconds to censor it. The censor method was muting, causing songs are also muted together (A.K.A. voiceless). Unlike Katakan Putus that I watched every 3 p.m. on Trans TV, it uses "tuuuuut" (a singular high pitch tone) censor on some Indonesian bad words. You know, zoo words? And some scenes in there also use the muting censor method.

Why the hell TV stations do that? Is it for the safety of the kids? Or as a fundraiser to the censorship? Old times never have this shit, which I like. Censors makes me puke.



Okay, on to the other topic. Can't tell what else I have on my head about past time stories (of TV shows) long before I knew Naruto very much, but besides Tom and Jerry, Scooby-Doo is one of the famous TV series I knew in Indonesia. Now it's only shown as movies with extreme rarity, no TV stations airing it (the series). I'd rather stick to GTA Vice City by then.

Story is unique and repetitive tasks, with many ways to accomplish in a twist. Mission? Reveal the source of the ghost and anomalies as much as possible to prevent the human greed. 5 known characters, Scooby the dog, Shaggy, Fred, Velma, and Daphne, wandered across the USA in a "Mystery Van" to find anomalies as much as they can and put a stop to them.

I can't tell the continuation of it, though, nor can't see how it ends. Though mostly the task happens in USA, many anomalies were also spread throughout the world. This is explained in movies, including one live-action that perhaps I still have the CD of it. When will Indonesia come to a next?



You know what inspires me to be an aviator? Richie Rich. I read one of the comics when I was at the elementary about flying an airplane, a pilotless airplane, which then Richie took a control of it and land safely. How come he was a mere kid, with no knowledge, drive the airplane to land safely to the ground? This is similar to Snakes on a Plane movie that two pilots dead during the approach, but one of the passengers with an FBI agent piloted an airplane with the flying skills on the video game (the passenger). Well I got this understanding when I heard an ad about Richie Rich movie on Trans TV and some old memories began to surface. I haven't yet write the time and date it'll be shown.



Finally reach level 68 from the male character I left behind. Can't believe back then before I got a new computer I got companions round up at Sanctuary Hills. I should reconsider to bring 'em back to their homeplace when I recruit them. But this one companion, Cait, likes disadvantage than advantage. Should I replay the female again, I consider on getting her on the journey, taking over settlements to be an organized Raider outpost (Nuka-World DLC). Well, the Disciples got jinxed as I assign 1 location for Disciples, 2 for Operators, and 2 for Pack.

The male one I play is different. I instead played the part to kill Raider leaders to free the traders. The result was unexpected: outnumbered and outgunned. These guys are packing modified AKMs (hence the game name is "handmade rifle") that even a Power Armor can get "short worked" in several shots (an instance is the standard T-45a or T-45b model). Best to take them down in a long distance (high caliber sniper rifles, with Rifleman and Sniper perks can do).

There are two ways to do this after you get a quest to kill them: play the part until you whack them out in the open (which results Preston Garvey refuses to be your companion) or refuse joining with the group when talking to Gage and put the leaders out of their misery. If you choose to play the part, your advantage will be long-range targets that you can kill with the sniper rifle. Other than that, it's open season, shootouts that targets you and the angry Raiders. Best way to attract the attention to eliminate you is the Disciples leader. A suppressed sniper rifle shot in the head or a drop of a Fat Man bomb on Nisha (Disciples leader) can make everyone angry.

So to say, you will experience the game a bit more easier with the Fat Man you are carrying. It was first featured in Fallout 3 as a signature weapon that can kill everyone and "whacks" up the place in a single bomb drop (thanks Jalantikus!). However, it is also prone to civilian casualties and "friendly fire" incidents. You have to choose your moment when and where you can use this weapon. And if you are willing to take "Survival" difficulty, unless you have Strong Back perk level maxed out, you need to carry a limited supply of Mini Nukes for "run and gun" method or die with backache.

Well, yours to decide, anyway. I still got NSUNS4 to complete and GTA V to readjust the mods I installed; need to remove RDE to reset for my own dispatch system I'm developing. Fraps got online, thanks to Ayodance old installer kit.

Comments